Reader
michelleinaustin
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

HBO Go

I just got my Nook tablet, and have read on the forum about using HBO Go on the tablet via the Dolphin HD browser.  I installed Dolphin HD, and have the setting on desktop display instead of mobile.  When I go to the HBO Go site, what I see on the page is what looks like a green arrow.  There are no images or options to check in.  I think it's an issue with Flash?  Is there a way to fix that?

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

Re: HBO Go

[ Edited ]

I'm accessing HBO with Dolphin Browser and it's working fine. The first time I launched it I got a down arrow.  When I tapped it, the site was loaded.  It gets hard when you try to log in though.  The sign in window gets hidden behind the main window and it's hard to get to.  When you pinch inward it will flash on the screen.  If you tap it when it's briefly open in the area where you have to enter your user name and password, if you get the keyboard to load you can enter the information and it seems to work.  It takes some real work to actually get the user name and password in successfully.  This is a problem with how the HBO site works I believe.

So, I'm using and SD card running CM7 (from AndroidForNook.com, although there are others available).  With this I run the Android HBOGo app and it works great.

Reader
michelleinaustin
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!  I did finally get the page to load, but had the same issue you mentioned with log in.  I'll keep trying!

Wordsmith
PJLLB

michelleinaustin wrote:

Thanks for the reply!  I did finally get the page to load, but had the same issue you mentioned with log in.  I'll keep trying!

Pinching (zooming in and out) has worked for me to bring the login panel to the foreground.  Again, it takes awhile to get it so you can actually log in.  In the brief time I see the login panel, I tap the login area, and if successful I get the keyboard to enter the information.  Once I enter the user name, if I hit next or done it then says I need to enter a password and the screen stays on, allowing me to enter everything correctly.  Good luck with this. 

Contributor
cordij
0 Kudos

I had the same issue. 

I have HBO Go through Charter.  If I go to the Charter website and login, when I select HBO Go from my bookmarks and go to login it pulls my info from charter and I dont have to fight with the login there.

Contributor
SuziRozi
0 Kudos

This note has a "Solved! Go to Solution" link on it. I don't think the issue is solved, at all. When I go to HBO Go on my Nook tablet, I get an offer from HBO Go to download the android app. Of course, I can't do that, unless I want to do some modifications to my nook. PLEASE get this issue fixed. It's been fixed on Kindle for a few weeks now! Ugh!
Suzi Rozi
Contributor
cordij

Do you have your browser set to desktop mode?  If it is in tablet mode HBO Go won't work.

Contributor
SuziRozi
0 Kudos

Thanks, Cordij! Changing from "Android" to "Desktop" in my Dophin Browser worked. I can now watch HBO Go on my tablet. Yippee!!!

Suzi Rozi
Contributor
cordij

Glad it worked.  I remember doing a little dance when I figured mine out.  :smileyhappy:

New User
RichCO
0 Kudos

To get HBO Go with Comcast on my tablet I went to my browser – more settings – settings, and changed the browser mode to desktop mode.

Reader
court2010
0 Kudos

I have the browser, but it says I need to download flash? What now?
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Do you have the Dolphin Browser? Please get the Dolphin Browser from the App Store and try with that.

The Dolphin Browser (from what people have been writing) comes with Flash preinstalled now.

Wordsmith
PJLLB

5ivedom wrote:

Do you have the Dolphin Browser? Please get the Dolphin Browser from the App Store and try with that.

The Dolphin Browser (from what people have been writing) comes with Flash preinstalled now.

I'm not sure if it's authentic Flash, but it works really well.

New User
DocDP
0 Kudos

Re: HBO Go on Nook HD

Has anyone gotten HBO GO or MAX GO to work on a Nook HD? I read this forum and dowmnloaded Dolphin but when I go to HBO GO all I see is a download for Android devices and it does not recognize the Nook HD as an Android device.

Help.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

You'll have to check the other threads. I know there were people asking about HBO Go but I'm not sure if they got it to work or not. It's been a while so I don't remember what the thread title was.

New User
DocDP
0 Kudos

This is the only thread I found on HBO Go and a Nook.

Anyone out there with info on how to get HBO Go to work on a Nook HD???? If I use Dolphin I only get a web page that has Android downloads (and it does not recognize a Nook HD as an android device) so that is useless.

I have it working on my HP Mini but I really would like to use it on my Nook HD.

Wordsmith
PJLLB

DocDP wrote:

This is the only thread I found on HBO Go and a Nook.

Anyone out there with info on how to get HBO Go to work on a Nook HD???? If I use Dolphin I only get a web page that has Android downloads (and it does not recognize a Nook HD as an android device) so that is useless.

I have it working on my HP Mini but I really would like to use it on my Nook HD.

If B&N is providing the latest version of Dolphin Browser (the same as the latest on the Google Play Store) then you should be able to set it to desktop mode and it should work. That said, you might want to look at buying a card that allows you to boot into Android and use the Google Play Store.  This will allow you to use the actual HBOGo app, which works well on the NT.  And you will then have access to more apps than you can ever investigate, many of which are free.  Checkout AndroidForNook.com for information.  (Note:  I am not associated with AFN, I am just a very satisfied customer.)

New User
AquaQ
0 Kudos

I have the same problem on the nook HD, any ideas?

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Read PJLLB's post, the one directly above yours.

This is the NOOK Tablet support group, so you might also inquire in the HD groups.