Reader 2
Catwomn
0 Kudos

How to change default pdf viewer for a document

I have 3 pdf viewers on my Nook tablet. If I go through the library to choose a document to view, ordinarily the Nook will ask me which viewer I wish to use to view the document, & it gives me the option to set that viewer as my default for that document.  I accidentally hit the "set default" button once for a particular document, & now I can't figure out how to reset the pdf viewer for that file.  Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks bunches for your help!

SRepko

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

Re: How to change default pdf viewer for a document

Catwomn wrote:

I have 3 pdf viewers on my Nook tablet. If I go through the library to choose a document to view, ordinarily the Nook will ask me which viewer I wish to use to view the document, & it gives me the option to set that viewer as my default for that document.  I accidentally hit the "set default" button once for a particular document, & now I can't figure out how to reset the pdf viewer for that file.  Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks bunches for your help!

SRepko

What happens when you long press the file?  Does it give you the choice again?

Reader 2
Catwomn

Thanks, that did it!  Amongst the other options, if I long press the file name, it lets me Clear Default Launcher.

New User
MHGM
0 Kudos

I am having the same basic issue. OverDrive has taken over and I can't the epub file to open in anything else.  But, when I do a long hold on the file, my only options are Read, View Details, Add to Home, Add to  Shelf, and Delete. 

Help please!! What am I missing?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Look in your Settings. There might be something there.

Frequent Contributor
dkennedy66
0 Kudos

This is happening to me with my nook color too. Mine usually try to upload to Box though. I do not have that clear default launcher option either.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I tried in Nook Color settings and there's nothing there. Not sure how to do it on Nook Color.

Reader
Tiger--Lily--
0 Kudos

I was having the same exact issue - you have to go into your library - find the PDF, long press and at this point you'll see the option to clear the default launcher!!
Hope that works for you as easily as it worked for me!