New User
supermom5015
Accepted Solution

How to sync to my calibre library

We have three different ereaders in our home. We store all our books on a program called Calibre. I can sync our Sony ereader, Reg. Nook, Sharper Image Literati & Reg. Kindle to this program. After much research I got the Color Nook Tablet for Christmas. I am very disappointed that I have 356 books in my Calibre library and can not get any of mine to sync to my new Nook Color Tablet. Before I return it is there anyone that can help me with this. I can not afford to re-buy all these books.

Inspired Scribe
orb9220

Re: How to sync to my calibre library

[ Edited ]

Well since you have a regular nook isn't your tablet registered to same account? Therefore access to same books?

For me I just did the Dropbox online calibre library.

1) Installed Dropbox app on my computer. And made folders for pics,music,etc,,

2) Installed Dropbox app on my Nook.

3) Found the Calibre Libray folder and copied whole folder to my Dropbox folder. Shows up as E:\Dropbox\Calibre Library\ for me. (Note: Depending on number of books and your internet connection can take a while to upload to your account) Also free account is limited to 2gb.

4) Started up Calibre used the setup wizard or perferences to point to cloned library in dropbox folder.

Now anytime I add a book to Calibre is automatically uploaded to dropbox account. And any device that has the Dropbox app can access and download to device.

That way don't have to have device hooked up to computer. And can add books anytime to Calibre and then download them later or more convient time without plugging into computer.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
New User
supermom5015
0 Kudos

Not sure what Drop Box app is where do I get this. As far as syncing goes. I am not a computer literate person. With the many different types of ereaders we have I needed a library that supports all format, Calibre is awesome for that reason. Any books I have had for years in pdf format was easy to convert. All I have to do is plug in whatever ereader needs books and the Device Icon appears then highlight the books I want and click send to device and they are there. However when I plug in the new nook color tablet the Device Icon never appears would anyone know why???

Reader 4
ktTX

Make sure you have the latest version of Calibre.  Nook Tablet support was added to version 0.8.27.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

supermom5015 wrote:

[...] However when I plug in the new nook color tablet the Device Icon never appears would anyone know why???

I assume you're using Windows. Does the Nook show up at all in Windows? I know a lot of folks are having issues with the Windows driver.

The problem may be Windows rather than Calibre if your Tablet doesn't show up at all.

New User
supermom5015
0 Kudos

It does show up, I can put my books in the nook color tablet from the adobe digital library but not calibre. I have downloaded drop box, not liking it to well. What I really want is to be able to see all my books on a shelve instead of having to search every folder to get to a book. When I open Calibre with my new nook color tablet the device icon is not at the top of the program. I just want to cry, I have been off work for days and unable to read anything.

New User
supermom5015
0 Kudos

Well don't I feel stupid, doing the Calibre update is all it took. You Rock! Sometimes all you need is another pair of eyes for the simplest things.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Be sure to give ktTX a laurel click of appreciation! Glad you found and fixed the problem. I'm still getting the hang of Calibre myself. Need to check for a new version!

New User
flyingmonkey233
0 Kudos

Hey wait, what? Im in a similar boat but i just uninstalled and reenstalled Calibre and still see no Nook Tablet option in settings. All i see is Nook, Nook Color and at the bottom just Tablet. With my color i use to be able to upload some walking dead pdfs but now with the tablet all i get is the cover page.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 209 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: