Contributor
wilkemom3
0 Kudos

Hulu Plus and Netflix NOT Working

I purchased my Nook tablet on Saturday and decided to try Netflix and Hulu Plus and neither are working.  I had a Netflix account and upgraded it to included "streaming" and I can stream movies on my laptop, but not my Nook.  It keeps saying "sorry we could not reach the Netflix service, please try again later.  If the problems persist please visit the Hetflix website, with error code #1003). 

So, I tried Hulu Plus and I get the message "Hulu Plus isn't currently supported on this device, but we're working to bring Hulu Plus to your device soon. 

I bought the Nook Tablet for several reasons, but one big one was to be able to watch movies on it using Netflix or Hulu Plus.  So at this point, I'm very frusterated!

Any ideas or suggestions???

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,855
0 Kudos

Re: Hulu Plus and Netflix NOT Working

Very odd. I would try erasing and reregistering your device first (go into Settings > Device Info > Erase & Deregister Device).

If that doesn't work there's a few other things to try.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

It does not sound like you downloaded the apps but are trying to watch from the browser. You must use the apps for netflix and hulu, free to download in the B&N app store.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
tvd1204
0 Kudos

Were you connected to the Internet via WiFI when you tried this?

New User
murpg
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with Netflix. It works at Barnes & Noble, but not my home network. I tried all of the suggested steps. Nothing seems to work. On other devices I am able to connect.

New User
jenn11JM
0 Kudos

Hello :cathappy:, I had the same exact issue not so long ago. So I just deleted the app(Netflix) and reinstalled it, and it worked pefectly fine just like before. I hope this was somewhat useful ^^.

If I find some info about Hulu plus, I'll let you know.:smileyhappy:

New User
AndyD81
0 Kudos

How did you get it to uninstall? I can't seem to figure that part out. I've even gone onto the website to try to uninstall netflix from there. Hmm...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

NEtflix can't be uninstalled or deleted on Tablet. Only on Color. That's my understanding. IT's a stock app that comes with the Nook Tablet.

For Color it was not pre-installed so it could be deleted.

If you have Nook Color, do following:

Press and Hold NEtflix icon for 2-3 seconds. You'll get a Menu with option to Archive and Delete among other things.