New User
debbiepes
0 Kudos

IO ERROR when transferring library EPUB...cannot copy

Please help!  On 2nd replacement NOOK and support and library are stumped. 

I can open books from the library using ADE but when I drag it to the nook I get an ioerror and the book will not copy.  I checked settings of book---EPUB.....they are allowed to be "copied"  I think it is some setting on my PC?  Help!
Contributor
doester
0 Kudos

Re: IO ERROR when transferring library EPUB...cannot copy

Are you dragging and dropping the ebook within Adobe Digital Editions? 

When you download your public library ebook, choose open instead of save.  The ebook will open within Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).  Go to Library View in ADE.  With your nook connected to your computer, your nook will display as 'my nook' in ADE, drag and drop your ebook from the borrowed bookshelf to the my nook bookshelf. 

New User
debbiepes
0 Kudos

Yes--plus did all kinds of trouble shooting----is this a sodtware issue?  Or my PC...maybe firewall?????

Contributor
doester
0 Kudos

Did you authorize your nook to ADE?

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Have you already authorized the nook within ADE? Also, are you properly ejecting the nook each time through my computer (right click on the nook drive,click on eject) instead of bringing it up on the system tray? As a last resort, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling ADE. One other idea; do a search on this forum for frog alum's post on "using Adobe digital editions"; it spells out each step to take.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
New User
debbiepes
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions---I did all of it---a few times.  I really think it is on the PC end.....but can't figure out what or why......?  Some kind of encryption? 

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Quoted from the Adobe website:

"When you download an item from the web, you may encounter problems in which the server is unresponsive or the application cannot get the proper authentication. Adobe Digital Editions normally displays a dialog box telling you something about the problem. The most common message is "I/O Error," which means that the application simply could not connect to the server from which it was supposed to get the item or its authentication information. This is most commonly a transient problem that is most easily resolved by simply trying again".

Try turning off your firewall. Perhaps that is blocking ADE from contacting the Adobe server.

New User
debbiepes
0 Kudos

makes sense......I did turn off...no luck yet.

New User
AK-Rocker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It might be because you don't have enough space on your device to store the book.  Try deleting something, or try opening the device through my computer and transferring the file directly from it's space on the hard drive.