New User
TexasLonghornJC
0 Kudos

Is Barnes & Noble Aware of the problem with Oregon Trail app?

I don't know if it makes a difference but I have the nook tablet 16gb. I downloaded the Oregon Trail: American settler app. And it did not work. It kept crashing after the logo screen. I found somewhere that if you have a sd mounted it will not work. Sure enough when you dismount the sd card the app works fine. Is Barnes & Noble going to fix this glitch or is a small inconvenience for the nook tablet user to get use to? I made aware of the problem about 4 months ago. No update and still no fix.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Is Barnes & Noble Aware of the problem with Oregon Trail app?

TexasLonghorn

1) It's up to the Oregon Trail people to do the fix.

2) I doubt they are going to fix it until it becomes a moneymaker. That's not going to happen until they do an IAP enabled version. IAP just is starting off in Nook Store.

So you'll have to wait at least a few months UNLESS EA already has a new version with IAP ready. In that case it'll be sooner.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I'm curious as to why, when there's a problem with an App, people think that BN is supposed to fix it.  I have an iPad, if I have a problem with an App, I go to the App developer and let them know of the problem, not Apple.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

The Smithsonian app used to have a similar problem on the NC.  It ran fine in stock, it ran fine in stock if you had a "regular" sd card installed.  But if you had an N2A card installed, when you tried to run in stock, the app wouldnt load/run properly. Saw there was an sd card, tried to save some data to it, but because of card partitioning or something, it couldn't save it.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

NookGardener, what you wrote explains why there would be a problem.

It's interesting. I couldn't figure out why an SD card would cause issues. It seems some apps assume if an SD card is present then they should install to it. Very interesting.

Might have to do with the earlier restriction in android around apps being limited to an area of size perhaps 50 MB or 100 MB and rest everything had to go to SD Card. So big apps probably try SD card first by default.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

I'm curious as to why, when there's a problem with an App, people think that BN is supposed to fix it. 

Probably because B&N implies there is a quality check process behind the market curation.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Maybe so, but they don't develop the apps, they can't fix them any more they can fix ebooks with with problems. And people seem to think they have the ability to do that also.
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

True, but it's also clear that the curation process isn't all it's cracked up to be. "Not exactly" the same as in the iTunes store. The answers here are no different than in the Google Play Store: Contact the developer. 

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 280 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: