Contributor
Ahbella

Lack of Nook apps

I have purchased my NOOK Tablet and have enjoyed it very much. But I've been playing on my friends ipad and really would like some of those game apps on the NOOK tablet. My favorite one is called "Cut the Rope" and I would defiantly buy it for .99 cents. Just a few more apps would make a awesome product even better :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Larryb52

Re: Lack of Nook apps

agree if BN doesn't want for people to hack it for apps they need to get apps out pronto...

Reader 2
GlenGorham

Yeah I just got a nook tablet for Christmas, I have noted a total lack of apps. I get tired of going to a website and it wanting to download an Android app that won't work. B&N, Open Platform makes people love your product, closed makes it so no one uses it. Please update to an open platform, no one will STOP using it because of that. I loaded up Seesmic, it sucks so far. Cannot manage a fan page on FB and the twitter app is constantly saying that it has reached the maximum user registration for direct messages, get real.

Please open up, unleash your really cool and stylish tablet.

New User
Quesse

I agree also, a proprietary (empty) app store is going to eventually doom this device. My Dad got one for Christmas, and he was asking me how to put apps on it. We went looking for some common ones and there was nothing there! He was puzzled and so was I. No google anything, no yelp, no accuweather. Alot of absolutely nothing.

Correspondent
KLFL

That was the reason I sold my Nook Color 3 months ago; lack of apps. :smileysad:
Reader 2
michelle85

My sister gave me a Nook Tablet for Christmas too.   I'm seriously thinking of returning it to B&N and getting a N. Color.   or even a Kindle Fire.  At least Amazon has a nice app selection.

Contributor
COCyclist

Could we get Overdrive.  This is an ebook app that should have already been on the tablet.  MORE APPS PLEASE.

Frequent Contributor
The_Walrus_43

Note to Quesse....Nook Tablet has Accuweather app....

Correspondent
TelSC

Note to The_Walrus_43, the app cost $1.99 from B&N but there's a free version of it available as an Android app.

Stop Calling It A Tablet
New User
njbchbum

am also FRUSTRATED by the inability to download android apps; please open up the market for users or get on the stick and add more free apps - or i will have to return the nook tablet and get a kindle fire!  thanx

Reader 4
geosprouter
0 Kudos

I for one am happy to pay the 1.99.  I only wish there where more Apps like this on this site. 

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture

Some good games I have found on the nook: bejeweled 2, scrabble, words with friends, quell, angry birds... I also have pyramix, globs, grow, and ms. Pacman... And a kind of fun little '80s style adventure game app called the Secret of Grisley Mansion... But I agree, they could use some more games... Plants vs. zombies is on its way...
Contributor
Ahbella
0 Kudos

Okay, so I checked on the app "Cut the Rope" and 6 books ABOUT Cut the Rope came up! No game/app!

I REALLY want this app and books come up instead... :/

Frequent Contributor
tonyh61

thats why i rooted

Nook Color honeycomb 3.0/ stock 1.4.1
New User
TanyaW

Another concern...really not trying to call Barnes and Noble out, but....New nook tablet for my daughter. She loves the game cut the rope. It's available on itunes and the android marketplace for .99, but through the nook app store, it's $3.50? Really? A 300% mark up due to a closed system on the nook? Would love to hear from an admin about this....

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366

I would like an app on gas prices in any area I'm in. My dh has a free gas buddy app on his third party tablet and I can't get it or one like it.
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Contributor
Ahbella

About the game "Cut the Rope", all of the things that come up are books... No app what-so-ever... Ridiculous...

Inspired Scribe
orb9220

[ Edited ]

Debh366 wrote:
I would like an app on gas prices in any area I'm in. My dh has a free gas buddy app on his third party tablet and I can't get it or one like it.

Yep when they open up the tablet for android or N2A card then you will be able to like on my Nook Color.

And they are making progress so shouldn't be too long I would think.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Reader
ksbookaholic

I have the Nook Color, then bought the N2A card for it  http://n2acards.com/  Now I can use it at a traditional eReader (which I love), or boot from the card and use all the cool Android apps.  Best of all, it does NOT void the Nook Color warranty, since you are just using a card, not changing the NC itself!  LOVE it!!!

Reader 2
Mwtslf23

I'll be glad when tis card hits the market.  I was totally enjoying the Tablet before the update, now not so much.