Contributor
couch-potato
0 Kudos

Missing Pages

[ Edited ]

While reading books this week have run into the problem of skipping/missing pages; all of a sudden will not go to next page, have to use to 'Go to page' function and sometimes have to go from page 23 to page 60  with the story line not picking up. Has any one else experienced this?  Has happened on e-pub books and e-books downloaded from B&N. Book I am reading now Suddenly Wolf having to go from page 23 to 60 losing pretty much all of the first chapter.

Switched over to my NST to the same book and did not run into this problem.

Any advise?

Frequent Contributor
tvd1204
0 Kudos

Re: Missing Pages

I had a similar issue with a B&N book a month or so ago. Archiving the book and unarchiving it did the trick.

Contributor
adag87
0 Kudos

"Archiving the book and unarchiving it did the trick."- tvd1204

Great advice!  If this does not solve the problem, archive the book.  Then perform a soft reset of the device (hold down the power button for 30 seconds until it goes dark and ignore the "power off prompt", release, turn the device back on).  NOTE: A soft reset does erase any side loaded content and memory cards.  Unmount the SD card before performing soft reset.  When the device has been powered back on, go to "Library", then "My Stuff".  Select "Archived", and unarchive the book.  You will then have to download the title- you must be in a Wi-fi area to do so.

If this solution does not fix the problem, contact 1-800-THE-BOOK.

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairytale." -Hans Christian Andersen
Distinguished Wordsmith
Froide
0 Kudos

couch-potato wrote:

While reading books this week have run into the problem of skipping/missing pages; all of a sudden will not go to next page, have to use to 'Go to page' function and sometimes have to go from page 23 to page 60  with the story line not picking up. Has any one else experienced this?  Has happened on e-pub books and e-books downloaded from B&N. Book I am reading now Suddenly Wolf having to go from page 23 to 60 losing pretty much all of the first chapter.

Switched over to my NST to the same book and did not run into this problem.

Any advise?

Happened to me yesterday, in addition to several other problems (page froze, look up function malfunctioned) on a borrowed library epub book.  Never did get to read that missing page.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

Try archiving and unarchiving the book to download a new copy.

Open the Library, press and hold on the book, and select "Archive" from the menu that pops up. Then click on "My Stuff" on the top navigation tabs and select "Archived" from the dropdown menu. Find the book in the Archived section, click on it, and select "Unarchive". A new copy will download.

Inspired Contributor
luny2ns
0 Kudos

I also had this problem a couple of months ago.  At that time,  I would advance a few pages then back up.  I was able to pick up the skipped pages.  This happened in library books and also books purchased thru B&N.  For some reason, I have not had this happen anymore.  It stopped way before the update.  Hope yours goes away also.  It was very aggravating at the time.  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Froide
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr wrote:

Try archiving and unarchiving the book to download a new copy.

Open the Library, press and hold on the book, and select "Archive" from the menu that pops up. Then click on "My Stuff" on the top navigation tabs and select "Archived" from the dropdown menu. Find the book in the Archived section, click on it, and select "Unarchive". A new copy will download.

Thanks for the advice; it sounds like a good plan for books from the Nook Store or that have been sideloaded. Unfortunately, however, that's not an option for borrowed library books that have waiting lists.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Reader 4
Gigi118
0 Kudos

I get that too. I just woild make the font smaller.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

Froide wrote:

Thanks for the advice; it sounds like a good plan for books from the Nook Store or that have been sideloaded. Unfortunately, however, that's not an option for borrowed library books that have waiting lists.

No it isn't, but chances are that this is an issue with the ebook file itself, not the NOOK.