Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

My Nook Tablet's browser is "broken"

I went to orbitz.com on my Tablet and now I can't do anything with the browser.

The orbitz page would not 'do' anything (allow me to enter data, follow links etc) or get off the page.

Now when I try to use the browser  any page I type the url page is a blank and the back button takes me back to the book I am reading.

I've tried to open new browser windows but they are also blank. I occasionally get a "Stopped" message.

Is something stopping the browser from loading? Has anybody had this happen to them? Does anybody have any ideas of how to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

Re: My Nook Tablet's browser is "broken"

Delete the browser cache and cookies, under advance settings in the browser.

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

Could you be more specific about where to find that? I'm not having much luck today. Thanks.

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

Silly me answered my own question from above. I went to the users manual and found out how to get to the clear cookies and clear cache setting. (Note to self--Stupid me, SCROLL next time!)

Unfortunately clearing those don't seem to have worked...maybe I have to experiment more.

Any other help will be greatly appreciated.

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

I was able to fix the problem. I cleared everything there was to clear then I shut down my Tablet completely and restarted it.

I should always remember two things--read the manual and do a reset. Today just wasn't a good day for thinking.:smileyfrustrated:

Thanks again!

New User
Javadude54
0 Kudos

For sure the poorly designed web browser and lack of competent technical support has convinced me never to buy another B&N device.

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek
0 Kudos

Have you thought of trying the Dolphin browser instead of the default on the Nook Tablet. Bn browser is only mediocre on this model.