Reader 4
LisaH223
0 Kudos

My nook books will not download

Hi all...new user to Nook Tablet.  I have ordered 2 nook books from my pc.  No problem.  They show up on my Nook, but when I tab the download green button, nothing happens.  Just stays in limbo.  I've had no problems at all adding magazines to my nook from my pc at work.  I come home and just hit download and it works.  What is the problem with the book download function?  Or is it user error?  Ha!  What should I do next?  Thanks!

Bibliophile
laurieb52

Re: My nook books will not download

For some reason, some books in users' libraries do not want to download to the Nook tablet if it is running 1.4. DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.4.1 appears to fix the issue in almost all instances.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Reader
tlw317
0 Kudos

I was told by tech support that 1.4.1 is for the Nook Color only.  The most current version for the tablet is 1.4.0.

Correspondent
SamSpade88
0 Kudos

The first woman I spoke to on the phone told me the same thing last week as you and denied it still even after I referred her to to the link on their own web!  I am not sure what the deal is with that but the online chat I had with them made it clear it is exists and valid. 

Here is the link and it is valid and will install correctly as it is for the Nook Tablet:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Software-Updates-NOOK-Tablet/379003187/

Reader 4
LisaH223
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. I did check my nook and I do have the latest version installed.. 

funny thing...I added Nook to my PC app yesterday and all of a sudden my nook books "magically" downloaded to my nook.   I didn't hit download on the pc nor the nook. 

I suspect when I try to buy/download another book, the same thing will happen. 

Maybe a visit to my local barnes store for some hands-on advice?? 

Correspondent
SamSpade88
0 Kudos

The Nook Tablet is designed to download books and mags and apps directly from the web without the intervention of the Nook for PC application. It has worked many times for me using the original 1.4.0 or the update 1.4.1 release. I haven't had to use that Nook for PC to get any of them to my Nook. You may want to try getting a book or a trial subscription and test that out. If that fails as well then a quick trip to a store and they can perhaps find the root of the problem. If it works right away you may want to double-check your home wifi settings.

New User
Zoe111
0 Kudos

I have the same problem but I have a NOOK glow light... I bought the book and all of that stuff but it doesn't show up in my library. So I go and try to download it but it says that I already bought the book..? The "button" that you press to buy book shows that I haven't bought the book!! Sorry if this is confusing to you..:smileysad:

New User
teawulfe
0 Kudos

Mine is doing the same thing.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Please go to Settings > Device Information and check what version you are on.

If you're on 1.4.3 then restart Nook and try again.

Also - check and see how much space you have for books in 'Storage for B&N Content' line.

If that space is very low then you'll have to archive some books to make space

*****Restart Directions

Power Off: Press and Hold power button for 20 seconds.

Power On: Press and Hold power button for 4 seconds.

If you're on an earlier version than 1.4.3, then follow instructions here to update to latest version:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Software-Updates-NOOK-Tablet/379003187

If it still doesn't work then go to www.nook.com and then to My Library and Archive + Unarchive from there.