Contributor
Lirath
0 Kudos

NT doing things by itself

I've had my Nook Tablet since shortly before last Christmas and this is the first real problem I've had with it.  It has started doing things all by itself, opening books, opening the browser and then the search and typing things and following links or opening the shop.  While doing this I can't get it to do anything, I can't go "home" and stay there if I'm lucky enough to be allowed to hit that button.  I've cleaned the screen.  I've rebooted it.  I've pwr+n for 20-60 sec and it starts doing it again.  This just started yesterday, but today I've lost total control.  It's off currently, charging from the wall. 

Any suggestions?  I've seen this problem discussed on the forums with the old Colors, and they all end up getting replacements.  Bought mine at Best Buy after comparing to the Kindle in person.  Have been satified with my choice ever since.  Hope this doesn't kill my love/addiction. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: NT doing things by itself

1) What happens if you turn the screen off and then back on?

2) Sometimes dirt is stuck on the screen and it keeps triggering the touch sensors. Try cleaning the screen and see if that fixes things.

Contributor
Lirath
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried turning the screen off and back on as well as rebooting. And I cleaned the screen. I could try cleaning the screen again, but I don't expect a different result, since it only feels like this is making me crazy.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Well, it's an issue that other users have had too.

I had an instance where in an app the app started going through screens on its own. Nothing apart from that. It would be a little crazy to see Nook doing things on its own.

Really don't know what it might be.

Contributor
Lirath
0 Kudos

A specific example is it opened the browser, brought up the keyboard, typed "vc" and hit "go" and went to v.com, then opened bookmarks and went home then pressed a link and went to MLB Standings. It's almost like watching someone remotely use the Nook except at blinding speeds. Disconcerting! I have noticed it starts doing it after playing a specific game/app more than any other trigger. Luckily, it's stopped for now so I can try a few things and see if it might be that app gone bad after its last update. This didn't start until that app's last update...hmmm...