Contributor
yarnqueen
0 Kudos

Netflix app for nook tablet?

Why is the netflix app no longer supported on the nook tablet? 

Thanks!

DeanGibson
Topics: 93
Kudos: 2,294
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix app for nook tablet?

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but I'll say what led me to wonder:  NetFlix is still on my rooted Nook Tablet, but it no longer shows up in my Google Play list of apps to update;  only HuluPlus does now.

Nooks: 2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted;
    2 HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 (Android 4.0.4) rooted (one for sale)
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Contributor
yarnqueen
0 Kudos

I went to this app on the bn web site and it states this app is only for the nook color. My tablet is not rooted.
Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

I have Netflix on my NT and just used it over the past weekend with no problems.

Terry

Bibliophile
Schwa
0 Kudos

Because the Netflix app is PRELOADED into the Nook Tablet OS, the listing in the App Shop is indeed for the Nook Color only. 

Kind of like Pandora is already on the Color and Tablet but does not appear in the Shop.

Distinguished Correspondent
DCLOVELL
0 Kudos

Will the HD and HD+ have the Netflix app?

I have to wonder with the advent of Nook Video on the HD and HD+ if they will have the Netflix app.

I sure hope so and I did ask customer service today and they did not know.

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Re: Will the HD and HD+ have the Netflix app?

I expect Netflix will either be pre loaded or available as an app. The announced BN video store did not include a subscription streaming option the equivalent of Netflix. BN is unlikely to irritate Netflix subscribers, many of them in BN'S targeted family niche. The video store will focus on purchases and rental, similar to Google. I don't know if cloud storage is required or if content can be offloaded to your SD card.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

Re: Will the HD and HD+ have the Netflix app?

I'd assume it will be available through the app store, if not preloaded like on the NT.

I'll try to find out.

New User
Troubled_Tablet
0 Kudos

Watched two Netflix movies one night, next night blank gray screen. Push back button and a Netflix logout dialog appears--the only way to unlock. Nook calls and online help were clueless. ON/OFF, ARCHIVE/UNARCHIVE does not cut it--thanks for tying me up without results.

Remember, you aren't supposed to have more than one Netflix session running coincidentally.Here's how to fix it. Deregister; not the brightest idea in the world to fix a problem but once Netflix is preloaded it can't be unloaded or erased.

Click the Netflix app, it still goes blank. Click the Back button next to the Read button and Sign Out of Netflix. On your way out it pops up to Member login--login and continue--it will show movies now and is using the new interface. Previously I watched the first movie on my free trial without logging in. Beats me why it ran months before dying.

Really hope this helps everyone.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Here's a way to restart the Nook if you're stuck in an app:

Press and Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.

That'll turn it off.

Then press and hold power button for 4 seconds.

That'll restart it.

Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. Lots of Netflix issues so hopefully this helps someone.

Frequent Contributor
Raven2099
0 Kudos

Error 13007.....
make my nook suck less
New User
harmonystr63
0 Kudos

Ive had my NOOK color for about a year now and have watched netflix frequently since then.  All of the sudden last month, the Help Dept claims that Netflix is no longer supported by my NOOK.  They sent me a link to download it and said that I could find more information on the website.  NOPE...nothing.  THey were no help at all.  If it's not supported, then why do they allow it to be downloaded?  Confused.....

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Netflix is supported by Nook Color. The person at help must be confused.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/netflix-netflix-inc/1107919899?ean=2940043872739

Does it not work on your Nook Color? What version of the OS do you have (check in Settings > Device Information).

New User
qwe123
0 Kudos

Thanks! That worked just fine.