Contributor
ErinS8
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Netflix not working

Is anyone else having issues with the netflix app? It was working fine for me yesterday and even this morning but now everytime i open it I have to force close.
Contributor
TinaLTX
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix not working

I am having the same problem. Used it last evening, tried to go back to it, and its frozen.  

Contributor
TinaLTX
0 Kudos

TinaLTX wrote:

I am having the same problem. Used it last evening, tried to go back to it, and its frozen.  

Just fixed it - went into settings and logged back in to Netflix and its running. But it took several times, the shop app and Netflix kept telling me that the wifi was not connected, however my settings show it is. So there is some sort of conflict somewhere.

Contributor
ErinS8
0 Kudos

My issue is that it wont load. All i get is the pop up that netflix activity is not responding with the option of waiting or force closing. Ive done both and tried reconfiguring netflix in the settings.
Contributor
Spunky2222
0 Kudos

Yeah mine keeps doing the same thing!

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

One of the things (more than one thing) you should get in the habit of doing is somewhat regularly power off and on the device completely.  Hold down the power button to turn it off and not just put it to sleep.

On occasion you need to clear the memory since Android is not great at shutting down all background processes or programs.

It's also a good idea to clear the browser's cache, cookies, and all histories.

Especially consider doing this if things start acting slow or "funny".

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
ErinS8
0 Kudos

It worked fine after powering off my device and turning it back on.
New User
Carey27
0 Kudos

My Netflix was working fine for about a month.  Suddenly, the picture and the sound are no longer in sync.  The audio is much faster than the picture.  Netflix works fine in the house and on the kids ipods, but no longer on my nook.  I have tried different shows (the problem is on all of them)  and have tried logging out and back in.  Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it?

Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

How do you clear the memory?

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
New User
Carey27
0 Kudos

How do I clear the memory?

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

To "clear memory" simply hold down the power button until the message appears then select "power off" this will shutdown all Apps and is like a reset as the Nook powers up all the settings are refreshed.  You do not loose anything that you have previously adjusted so this is a real low risk way of keeping an Android device working correctly.  I agree with a previous poster that powering down any Android device should be at least a weekly routine.

New User
kaesis
0 Kudos

same here its getting really anoying and i dont know  what to do

New User
mamajones
0 Kudos

I've done a complete shutdown several times and still can't get Netflix to work on my NookColor. I was right in the middle of a movie when it decided to no longer work. Jeesh! I've tried all the above suggestions and nothing.

New User
mamajones
0 Kudos

I've been working on this netflix/nookcolor thing this morning. Still haven't gotten mine to work. When I go thru settings and try to link my nook to my netflix account, I have received that I'm linked as someone else, who I then have to 'unlink' from the account.  Could that be the problem?  I still can't get it to recognize my netflix username and password to link my nookcolor again.  We all seem to have issues with this but does anyone have any answers?

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

Try to uninstall the Netflix app and then reinstall it. This might help.
New User
Hotcocoamix84
0 Kudos

How do you clear the memory, histories, ect?
New User
Shelly216
0 Kudos

I am getting the exact same thing. When I launch the Netflix app on the nook tablet, I do not get prompted for login credentials. When I go to settings and try to link my account, it shows the wrong name. I can even leave the credentials blank and it will claim that it linked the account to some random person.

Did you ever get this to work? If you did, how did you fix it?

Thanks

Reader
AccioPatch
0 Kudos

Mine is doing the same thing! I wish someone knew how to fix it.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

1) Go to Settings by pressing the N key once and then pressing 'Settings'.

2) Tap on the Home row.

IT's the first row under 'App Settings'.

3) Under 'More Menu Options' there is a 'Configure Netflix Account' option.

4) You can login there.

5) Important - Restart your Nook Color.

To turn off - Press and hold power button for 15 seconds.

To turn on - PRess and hold power button for 4 seconds. The screen will flash and you know it's turning on. It'll take 30 to 60 seconds to turn on.

6) After that Netflix should work fine.

New User
owmmr
0 Kudos

how do you press n?