Reader 4
Pope_Phred
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix not working

Over the past few days, I have unregistered, reregistered, and (in one case, when I had my drive repartitioned) reset to factory build.  None of these methods have worked.  I have tried archiving, and then unwarchiving.  Also, since the app is free, I have deleted the app, "purchased" it again from the app store, again with no results.

When I brought my Nook Color (running 1.4.3, BTW) to my local B&N, the associate helped me as much as he could, verified that his Netflix account information didn't work either (so I guess it isn't a password issue)

I am currently sitting by my wireless router, and therefore have the strongest connection possible.  After archiving, and unarchiving, and signing in...

Nope.  "Login Timed Out."  It was worth a try.

I do appreciate that we are seeing some responses from the B&N admins on this thread, and have some hope.  Thanks for listening :smileyvery-happy:

Reader
Deemeows
0 Kudos

Having an issue with a Nook Color - not the black screen, but the inability to log into my account that others have discussed on this thread.  I've had my NC for a year and a half, just tried the Netflix app last night.  Downloaded it, tried to log in, and I got the black screen.  Rebooted, deleted the app, rebooted, then downloaded it again.  It goes to the red login screen, I enter my info, try to log in. 

After about 20 seconds of the spinner going around: 

Error message:  LOGIN TIMED OUT (flashes on the screen for about 5 seconds)

Next error message:  Please sign in again.  You have been signed out because your account information has changed

???  I am able to easily log in using the same username/password on several other devices in our home.  I definitely have the correct password, etc.

Called Nook Support.  Did a hard reset.  Tried deleted/reinstalling again.  Reset all of my info.  Nothing worked.  They told me it was a Netflix issue, and that nobody else had reported this issue.

I called Netflix support. They said nobody has reported this issue.  They said it is either my router or my ISP.  I can view other video just fine, and I can view Netflix on my laptop and iPod just fine.  So, I tend to believe that they're passing the buck as well.

This is SOMEBODY'S issue.  Who is going to fix it?  I sure won't be buying another Nook device if I can't get this one to work when I need it to.   

New User
mill5
0 Kudos

I'm having this exact same problem! Very, very frustrating!!!! If I try logging in through the app, it says I've been signed out because my account info has changed (which it hasn't), and if I try and configure Netflix through Settings it asks for a login and password. When I type in my email and password it says they are incorrect. The only login I have is my email address (which I confirmed with a rep at Netflix) and my password hasn't changed. Netflix works just fine on our computer and streaming through our Wii, so this is obviously an issue between Barnes and Noble and Netflix. Any other suggestions as to how I can get this to work? We were planning on buying Nooks for all 3 of our kids for their birthdays. Needless to say, we are most certainly reconsidering.

Frequent Contributor
Raven2099
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix Activation code?

Error code 13007 .... so now what ?
make my nook suck less
New User
DrBashir123
0 Kudos

Hey, Mine just started working! (the login timeout problem) Thank you Netflix and Nook support.
New User
nickellie
0 Kudos

Ok, i read the entire thread and seems like everyone has tried what I did. B&N tech dont know nothing about trying to fix the issue.

I have (2) nooks tablets in the house, One Nook (my son's) works fine with Netflix and my daughters nook, i can view Netflix movie selections, but when i go to play, it says "Connection error - We're unable to connect you to the Netflix, please try again later" But i can sit my Sons Nook tablet next to it, and it works fine.

My daughter uses her nook everyday, and now she cant use it, its been like this for 3 months!

So the whole theory that B&N says check your internet connect is just a line of bull....

I went to B&N, and they cant figure it out and tech has no idea what they are doing, the girl at B&N store is very good, and she knows more then the tech...... 

Wish B&N would get this fixed, this is a big issue for my 6 yr old daughter who uses her Nook everyday. this should be an easy work around for either B&N or netflix, but the way customer service is now aday, it about forcing the consumer to buy the latest technology. Yes, im upset, becasue this has been a 3-4 month issue

New User
mrsgusto
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem!!! No other complaints! What a load of hooey!!! I haven't even had my nook color a year! My granddaughter likes to watch stuff on it after school!
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41

Hi all,

Anyone experiencing sign-in errors recently, (login timeout) should reboot their device and attempt again.

Netflix has confirmed a fix for this issue on their end.We certainly apologize for any inconvenience endured.

In regards to the "grey screen" error - we are still working on a resolution, but should have it soon.

Thank you all for your patience while we try to get this squared away.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
New User
lanaj
0 Kudos

This is exactly what is happening to me and mine stopped working 3/20ish/2013 so annoying neither b&n or netflix could help me. Let me know if you figure out something
Reader
Galechandler2

I've been waiting and watching to see if this issue was resolved. I am happy to report that Today 4/15/2013 - I was once again able to access my NetFlix on my Nook Color. I'm glad it's working. I was terribly disappointed that it took so long for the problem to be resolved.
New User
annofark

I was locked out of Netflix two days ago. Don't believe that this issue is fixed. I just spent about two hours on line with a terrible service on line chat. They leave you hanging and while you are trying to make use of the time, they come back and drop you if you dont respond instantly
Aside from that, I feel the fool because I just spent the rest of my two hours on the phone with the Netflix tech who procalimed "thats the first time I have ever heard of that"..made me feel special. Then I read this thread. I even read it to him on the phone. Huh? Let me get my manager..who never appeared. This is so dissapointing. As a B&N supporter, I thought I had found a reasonable alternative to I-everything. This is insane. First Netflix raised their prices and now B&N is sending everyone running to an apple store.
Reader 2
joanbCA
0 Kudos

They are certainly sending me to the Apple store!  But it is an expensive solution for a family with kids!

I reported several months ago I had the grey screen netflix problem.  I contacted both Netflix and Barnes and Noble and this forum.    Netflix and BN both said it was not their problem, reboot my network, to link my netflix account, to reboot my modem, etc., all which did not work.  I took my nook to work and tried it at lunch and it didn't work there either where there is a very strong and stable wifi.  None of the forum solutions worked either.   We have 4 nook tablets in our family and at that time it only happened to mine. 

I ended up erasing/de-registering and re-registering my nook tablet and that worked!  It has been fine for a couple of months.  What a pain, as I had a lot of personal stuff, such as photos and music to back up etc.  Also it took me a few weeks to even figure out to try all this.

Now suddenly this weekend two of my children's nook tablets have the grey netflix screen, it won't get beyond that, it won't accept our valid netflix id and password, etc.  One nook is still working.

For now they are watching netflix on our iPad and the one nook that works.  Eventually when we can afford it, maybe we'll get more iPads.

Too bad, because I really like BN and nooks, but will now never consider upgrading to the Nook HD with all the problems.

Joan

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

joanbCA

Nook HD is on sale for $149 and now has Google Play STore so you can get Netflix app via that.

So that's a possibility.

New User
snoopy71
0 Kudos

I deregistered and reregistered my nook. That is the only way to fix it. You will loose stuff. But it is the ONLY way. There was no other way passed the stalemate gray screen to load your titles.
Contributor
HawgWyld

[ Edited ]

I've had an annoying problem with Netflix on my Nook Tablet and, now, my Nook HD+. This issue shows up far too often under the following conditions:

1. I'm watching a video and have to pause it.

2. The video is paused long enough for the system to sleep.

3. I'll wake the system up and am taken back to the Netflix main screen.

4. If I try to restart my video, the application doesn't respond.

The odd thing is, I can still scroll through titles and such, but I can't launch any of them. The solution is to either reboot the Nook or shut down Netflix manually from the "applications setting" menu.

This issue has remained across two tablets. I've tried unregistering my Nook and starting over, yet the issue remains. Please help!

By the way, I'm sure the folks at Barnes & Noble hear a lot of griping about Nook issues. So, here's a bit of praise -- adding Google Play and the Google suite of programs to the HD/HD+ was a truly awesome move. I'll buy these little tablets as long as y'all sell 'em. My Nook went from a great piece of hardware that was quite limited (well, I did root it to get access to Play prior to the latest update) to one that is downright great. Thanks for the addition!

New User
annofark
0 Kudos

I have read and re-read the posts here with various fixes for getting netflix up and running again.  NONE of them work and my last resort is to reregister the Nook again.  In the meantime, the streaming feature from my Amazon Prime account does not work either.  It appears to be a similar problem.  The selection is  made and the screen switches to the loading page and it hangs and eventually times out.  So no streaming at all.  The only site that seems to be functioning as far as streaming is concerned seems to be PBS.  Any others have this same problem? 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Netflix - use the app and not the website.

Amazon instant video - you need to get a browser that supports it. Puffin Browser does. Amazon's site uses a newer version of Flash.

New User
rob_allshouse
0 Kudos

Any updates here?  I have three Nook Tablets in the house, and the first one just had the "Grey Screen" issue pop up.  My son's miserable that he's going to lose his game scores on all of his games now... but that will be less of a fight than a tablet without Netflix.  Just hoping there's a fix planned so this won't be occurring every few months in this household.  Or just getting the Play store on the NC/NT would be superb, too!

New User
WildOutWest
0 Kudos

We are having the same problem. We bought two tablets at Christmas this last year, one for my son and one for my daughter. His Netflix acct works but hers gets the black/grey screen. Its very frusdtrating for her. I have been considering buying a nook, but will probably go with the ipad since this issue seems like it prob won't be fixed.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

If you get a Nook HD or HD+ for her, then you get Google Play Store. Then you can try the Netflix from B&N or the NEtflix from Google Play. However, I am not sure if either would work. Since I don't get the grey screen problem and can't check if that also occurs with Google Play Store.

An iPad is a good choice.