New User
nmdaniel
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix Activation code?

The activation code would be at the very bottom any Netflix page. Scroll all the way down using your computer or other device. It's a little box that says "Service Code" inside. If you click on it, it will give you a 6 digit code that you can give to Netflix support.

If you have a Nook Tablet you won't be able to get a service code for the Nook because Netflix is not working...period. This is due to an update performed by Netflix which is not compatible with the Nook. They have no idea when they will be able to correct this issue for Nook Tablet since our app was factory installed.

New User
nicvic
0 Kudos

This stinks!  I have had my Nook Tablet for just over a year (Christmas 2011).  It seems as though each month something  stops working. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Nicvic, what Netflix problem are you havng? On Nook Tablet or another Nook?

Reader 4
bluegirl99
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix not working

I'm in the same boat as everyone.  I decided to use my Netflix on my Tablet 8gb and no luck. The app is dead in the water.    So very disappointing. I get the gray screen of death I see the Netflix boot up and nothing!!! And to make matters worse I guess this also affects the configuration under settings.

When I go to configure, Netflix insists my password is incorrect........it's not. It refuses to link my account.

I can only hope it gets fixed.

New User
VANPIC
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix not working POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I had the same problem most of you described. Nook color netflix was working fine this morning then went gray. I trouble shooted  but nothing worked. Tried powering off, then tried to remove app from nook (not possible with nook color), tried loggin in to my netflix acct (didn't work). FINALLY, my inner voice said just go to netflix via web: netflix.com/login. Tried that and I was able to get into my account but videos won't play :smileysad: just takes me to the compatibility screen for mac and windows....of course no nook compatibility. But, my black nook tablet works well with netflix. Very disappointed because everyone on family has their own nook and only one works with netflix.....these things were not inexpensive either. Shame on B&N! There should be some sort of compensation for trouble and inconvenience. 

Reader 4
bluegirl99
0 Kudos

Here goes nothing.

I have spent the last day 1/2 battling with Netflix on Facebook over their failure to address the issue with the Non-working Netflix app on the Nook Tablet.  It seems they really could care less, because.......Hey its most likely you!! Or your evil network.  They even went so far as to claim that they were unaware there was a problem..............excuse me while I roll my eyes.  

I spent a good 20 minutes with their tech chat support and that was a comedy of 'ITS YOU AND YOUR NETWORK......NOT US"

You can see my discuusion with them here on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/netflix?filter=2

(Look for Jen Blue, they may have deleted or censored my post)

Honestly they don't seem to care or want to fix the issue.  Disappointing.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

thanks for sharing bluegirl.

It's disappointing.

I've used NEtflix for a long long time and the streaming has always been good on all devices. I've never had to use customer service.

They charge what I would consider a reasonable amount. It should be enough to cover good customer service.

Frequent Contributor
Raven2099
0 Kudos

i called nextflix they said i had to ask nook support.... nook support said to call nextflix support... wtf people

make my nook suck less
New User
nookes
0 Kudos

I had the exact same problem with my Nook Tablet......dark gray/black screen, incorrect password message even though I know it was the correct password, etc, etc.  This happened 6 months ago and again yesterday. I fixed it both times the same way. A hard reset!

Yes, a hard reset. Very much a pain in someways but at least everything is still in my account.

Both times I did the hard reset and neflix works. I was kind of concerned it would not work this time since the recent messages mention the update issue but it did work. Finished watching one of my episodes last night. Hope this helps!

Reader 2
hardyboy
0 Kudos

I was all ready to get a Nook HD+.  But this issue with Netflix means that I won't be buying another Nook. How can I be sure that the same thing won't happen on that device?  I've been a loyal customer with three Nooks, but this kind of problem is inexcusable. 

There should be no reason that Netflix shouldn't work on a Nook tablet.  I've had mine less than a year.

I hate to see Barnes and Noble go under, but with these kinds of technical problems make it seem inevitable.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

HardyBoy, so you have this issue on your Nook Tablet and therefore won't be buying a HD+?

Or did reading about this issue for others scare you off?

Reader 2
hardyboy
0 Kudos

I have a Nook tablet that I have had less than a year. Two nights ago I got the dreaded gray/black screen. So yes, the problem was on my tablet. I am really frustrated also, and concerned about what many have reported about the lack of knowledge at tech support for both BN and Netflix. For the record, I happily watched Netflix on my first generation iPad today. I wanted a Nook HD+ for better resolution, but wouldn't you be cautious after my experience? I still read a lot of course and am happy with my tablet and simple reader and first generation Nook for that. I just don't want to invest in another Nook for watching movies and tv shows if the outcome will be disappointing. I'll just upgrade my iPad, which I really don't want or need to do. That's my story. Bottom line. Netflix is a simple and very used app. No matter whose problem it is, BN should pressure Netflix to resolve the problem, or it will lose customers.
New User
Prindle16
0 Kudos

Wait. Let me get this straight.

This is an official B&N site yet they will not join in on this conversation and admit that there is a problem with either B&N or Netflix or both and clue us, the customers who helped make them who they are, in on the problem  and tell us either how to fix it, if a fix is even possible and if not, when the fix can be expected.

I hope B&N can understand how frustrating this is.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

HardyBoy

Yes, that makes sense.

If I had had a bad experience with ANY Nook and NEtflix and NEtflix was one of the main reasons for getting a Tablet then obviously - I would be very cautious.

And again - the onus is on B&N to get the issue resolved - even if it's Netflix's problem.

It's very strange that so many people are getting problems with the Netflix App.

New User
STScha
0 Kudos

Just wanted to add my voice.  I've had a NookColor for a couple of years now and Netflix has been awesome.  And yep, now I get the grey screen.  Or if I try to log in a different way it won't accept my password. 

Hope this gets fixed!!

Frequent Contributor
Raven2099
0 Kudos

Now i get.... SORRY, the content you are attempting to open is no longer avalable?
make my nook suck less
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 40

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

We are currently working with Netflix for a resolution to this "gray screen" error.

There should be a permanent fix relatively soon.

However, clearing app data seems to be a viable workaround. For those of you that have "modified" your units, feel free to clear cache, etc.

For those who have not, please reboot your device or ultimately erase/deregister. Upon rebooting ensure you are connected to a strong Wi-Fi signal and try again.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, as we work to get this resolved.

Also of note: this behavior seems to be isolated to NT & NC at this time. For anyone worried about Netflix performance on NOOK HD/HD+.

As always feel free to PM with any concerns, and make sure to visit our Issue & Suggestion exchanges.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Frequent Contributor
Raven2099
0 Kudos

Bet B&N really isn't working with Nflix to fix it... If i lied on the job i'd be fired....
make my nook suck less
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Raven2099, that's a bit out of line. You can't call someone a liar without evidence.

Alex just fixed another issue (EAN issue) in 4 hours on another thread.

Here, it's requiring NEtflix to do the change so it's complicated.

I'm sure they are working on it.

New User
DrBashir123
0 Kudos

Stock Nook Color user here. I actually did a deregister last night and it did not work. Netflix is still saying login timed out and then saying the account information changed.

Guess would have to wait. But I'm not bitter ... yet :smileyhappy: