New User
TJB0531

Re: Netflix not working

Ok, well that gets me to the Netflix logon screen, but when I click Yes, Link this account, it says Incorrect Username or password...I know it's correct, cuz I just logged on to my computer Netflix and worked perfectly.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Linking doesn't work.

Just use the App and log into the APp.

The linking doesn't work on Nook. If you go to settings and try to link from there - it won't work there either.

New User
CCLG
0 Kudos

Is there any word from B&N admin on status of the fix?

I've been using Netflix on my Nook color without problems until yesterday, when I got the grey screen of death after attempting to log in and was unable to get my nook to recognize my Netflix account.  I also cannot uninstall Netflix, and cannot re-load the application. (not available for your device).

Quite frustrating...

New User
Joyce2265
0 Kudos

And so since I am having the black screen problem and it's a Nook tablet, how do I delete Netflix and put it back so it will work?

New User
Joyce2265
0 Kudos

OK, so this was posted in April. It is now July and this has happened to my Nook tablet. Netflix is the only other thing I use it for besides reading. If it doesn't get straightened out, I will switch products. So sad, it was good while it lasted.

New User
Alatheon
0 Kudos

So, is anyone at B&N continuing to monitor this thread? 

I am having the same problem describe by other users here: I cannot use the Netflix app (gray screen, have to force close) and when I try to log in via settings I am told that my password is not correct, even when I verify it with Netflix.

Is this app simply not supported on the Tablet now that the HD is the standard version?  If not, how can I delete the darn thing?

New User
QuiLette
0 Kudos

The hard reset for nook tablet works! To complete the hard reset: Turn off the device completely, and then hold down power + “n” button at the same time, until you see the logo, It will go into a factory restore mode, and choose the option you want.
New User
justkds
0 Kudos

This worked for me too.  Thanks so much!:smileyhappy:

New User
SDnookSD
0 Kudos

Will you be able to download all existing magazines, books, etc. back to the Nook that has already been purchased?
New User
Avonlee
0 Kudos

2-3 weeks ago I got the gray screen too...usualy when I've had problems in the past all I would need to do is turn off my nook tab by holding the power button for a quick reset, but now nothing works...I do not want to have to do a hard reset because I would lose too much...

Surely someone has a fix for this since there have been problems reported for several months now... It is just so very sad because I was thinking about getting another nook tab for my son but now it wouldn't do me any good...

New User
Avonlee

I did an online chat with nextflix support and they directed me to a hard reset....I was worried about losing stuff and yes some of my games will have to be started over I'm sure the kids will love that....I lost all my music files....but nextflix works again...this is the page they directed me too and said it would work for nook color or tablet...good luck all!

If you're still encountering a gray screen when launching Netflix after restarting your Nook, you will need to restore the default factory settings by Erasing & Deregistering the device.

• Erasing and deregistering does not delete any of the content from your Barnes & Noble account. You will be able to re-download it even after erasing and deregistering.
  • Erasing and deregistering does delete any files you have transferred from your computer to your Nook Color. Be sure to back up these files before performing the steps below!
  1. Tap the white arrow at the bottom of the screen (in the middle of the Quick Nav bar).
  2. Tap the Settings icon.
  3. Tap Device Info.
  4. Tap Erase & Deregister Device.
  5. Tap Erase & Deregister Device again.
  6. Tap Reset NOOK.
  7. Once the Nook has reset itself and rebooted, follow the onscreen instructions to connect to your Barnes & Noble account.
  8. Launch the Netflix app and try again.
New User
guttentag
0 Kudos

I experienced the same problem with Netflix, and after following the recommended hard reset/restore proceedure recommended above things seem to be working OK.

New User
lkr1
0 Kudos

I'm in the same boat you are with a Nook tablet. Netflix was working 4 days ago and now it just turns to a gray screen. Since I can't delete the app, the only way to try and solve it is through app settings and I get the whole "user name and password not recognized". Ugh!
New User
Shadowsin
0 Kudos

Almost September and there is still no fix because Netflix is hardcoded with the tablet, so it doesn't update and you cannot delete it and then reinstall it. Glad we did not buy any more nooks cause this thing is getting more worthless by the day.

If only B&N would push out an update to their Android OS.... seems its time to jailbreak this thing so I can simply download the netflix app that is actualy updated.

GG B&N... with great product support like this, you must have a ton of business.

New User
Junkgypsy
0 Kudos

Yes mine too, one of the main reasons i bought nook color, we watched netflix daily on this device, bought at christmas, my 3 year old doesnt understand why he cant watch his movies, wish i could return it. Guess i will be sharing my ipad with the kids . This just plain sucks.i paid extra for the one that played movies. Ugh
Contributor
Pen12
0 Kudos

Will there be a patch or an update available to resolve this issue? 

I do not want to do a factory reset or deregister/register again.  I don't want to have to download all my items again and I would be losing my bookmarks, notes, progress on the apps, etc.

It's October 2013.  Is there any new information/progress regarding this issue with Netflix?

New User
lovebeingamom
0 Kudos

I was hesitant to try this method, but I did and .......It worked instantly. Thank goodness because my child was driving me crazy to fix her Netflix. Happy happy mom here !!!
New User
Ally_N43
0 Kudos

I first got the "gray screen of death" when attempting to open Netflix a couple of days ago. 

I am in the process of resetting/de-registering my Nook.  I hope this works.

I wonder how wide-spread this problem is and what the real cause is. 

Update: It looks like everything that was downloaded from B&N is there.

Netflix is... I got the gray screen, and started to worry, but now it's asking me to sign in.  :smileyhappy:  Yay it's working!

I did loose my non-B&N content, but most of that is easily replaceable, and I sort of like starting over with a clean slate.  It's better than having to shell out money for a new device right now.

New User
pegut
0 Kudos

That's what I finally had to do--totally unregister and register my nook. Then I have to redownload all my apps and all the movies I have loaded on Flixster. It is a pain. It will work fine for a while and then go dark again.  That is where I am at now. I get the gray screen. I would like another solution other than starting over. Is this a Nook problem or a Netflix problem?

Contributor
jumpindogs
0 Kudos

This worked for me. My Netflix app had been working pretty well...besides the periodic necessary refresh...but last week I got the dreaded grey screen consistently. Called B&N Support to confirm the fix. It was easy. Had to download everything once I re-registered my Nook Tablet but that didn't take too long. Funny...some books/apps automatically downloaded and others had to be manually downloaded by touching the download bar for that book/app. Lost my Notes entries but figured I would so had previously copied them to my iPhone notes app which I use more anyway. Kept my place in the two books I was currently reading...nice.

Caution...I was advised by B&N Support that this only works if you re-register your Nook using the same email address you used when initially registering your Nook. Otherwise you will lose all previous purchases/downloads. And, as stated, you will lose all side loaded stuff. Bummer if you've changed your email address. Thankfully we have not.

B&N Support also advised me that Netflix should work consistently now but if it doesn't then I should follow the erase/deregister/re-register solution again for the fix.