New User
Border38
0 Kudos

Network Unavailable error AGAIN

And I thought this was behind me. I can connect to the Internet, my NOOK tells me I'm connected to my WiFi, but it won't download ANY of the four books I bought last evening. (06-04)

Why is this happening? It's showing in my Unshelved category, I select a book and it shows me the overview screen and says I should download the book. And of course, Network Unavailable pops up. This is really teeing me off now.

Any suggestions from anyone? I have a Classic Nook, and have never had trouble with it, so I'm not inclined to think it's a problem I have caused. I even received the emails saying thanks for buying the books. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

New User
Border38
0 Kudos

Re: Network Unavailable error AGAIN

Thanks NOOK for making me look stooooopid. No sooner do I post my problem, and boom, NOOK starts downloading my books.

I am going to have to think about switching to Kindle even though I really don't want to. I can't see giving you guys my money, and having to wait 24 hours until I can read my book.

Or maybe I should just start buying used books again and going that way. I like electronic reading, but this is for the birds.

New User
Megan2626
0 Kudos

I've been having the same problem. Just talked to someone on the live chat. He said "the issue is not with your NOOK device, the issue is from our BN server end. We have forwarded the issue to our concern department and they are working on it."

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Reader
ckelley116
0 Kudos

I've been having this issue since at least June - probably even farther back. I talked to someone in the tech support chat and he was completely unhelpful. None of his predictable suggestions - power off, then back on; disconnect and reconnect wi-fi - did anything to help. It works on occasion, but far more often I can't download anything. This is irritating not only when I have a new book I want to read, but when I'm trying to reread an older book that I have to re-download for some reason. If they know this is an issue, they need to fix it. Permanently. I'm sick of reading on my iPhone.
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

If it's a server side problem, no actions taken with the Nook itself will help. Last week Asimov and Analog showed up with no problem on my HD+. When I enabled WiFi on my first edition and did a refresh the entries showed up and I had to request the download. But the computer application wouldn't download the issues until around five in the morning a few days ago. Last month, the computer downloaded right off, but the first edition couldn't grab stuff for a few days. I suspect each device may be accessing a different server. On server could be down and only affect its class of device.
Baron Wulfraed
New User
Minnechicka
0 Kudos

I am having this problem too!!!!
Our Wi-Fi is working, I turn the Nook off and turn it back on again...and even though the bar up in the corner is saying I"m connected, I try downloading a book and about 95% of the time it says 'Network Unvailable'. ? Huh? But I can buy them FROM my Nook, I just can't download them.
It's been about a month now I've had this issue.
I have like, the second generation Nook, no light with the little touch screen on the bottom. I cannot figure it out and it's driving me nuts!!! Anyone have ANY ideas!?!!?!