Frequent Contributor
NookaholicAC
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook Tablet Charger

The cord that connects to the charger part is always falling out. I think I am charging my Nook, and one little upset and it is unplugged. Are they all this fragile, or do I just have a bad one?

:smileyfrustrated:

Wordsmith
LectorGS

Re: Nook Tablet Charger

Chances are that you have a defective charger.  If you live near a B&N store I suggest you take it there. Some posters have been able to get it traded by a new one.

Good luck!

Lector GS
Reader 2
KatyKatIL
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My charger has died as well.  One day, the end that goes in to the Nook looked a little bent. 
I left it alone, because it was still charging. 
Then one day, I tried to remove the charging cord and the entire silver bit stayed in the Nook!!

I found out that the charger/cord is covered under the warranty, but have not been able to get through to B&N to ask for a replacement.  I spent quite a bit of time on the phone last week, trying repeately to get through on their 800 number. Good luck with that - it would cycle me through, put me on hold, tell me how important my call was, then tell me that they had a high call volume and to call back another time, disconnecting me!

Not sure how I will get ahold of anyone to get the cord problem rectified with this kind of customer service on the phones... there are no B&N stores in our area, and I've had to make all purchases online, so can't just walk into a store for help.

(And I tried a filtered USB-to-mini Bcharger, but it doesn't work. While the mini fits, it doesn't charge the Nook. B&N has something all locked up with this charger, and it is uber annoying....)

Correspondent
TelSC

Keep sending emails and eventually they'll respond to you. It took me about a month with 4 emails and 3 calls but I finally got a new cord. I'm lucky we have 2 Nooks so we could swap chargers.
Stop Calling It A Tablet
Contributor
AshyLarry
0 Kudos

Go to your local store. The support is almost always better and often they will provide a new cord and/or adapter if they have them to spare. Worse comes to worse they'll call it in for you and you can get replacements under the warranty.
Contributor
scoobysmom

I am having the same problem. I went on line to the help section and did a live chat with a rep last night.

They just asked for my serial number and as it is less than a year old they r sending out a new one.

Contributor
scoobysmom

just received my new charger after only four days.  Also went into Barnes and Noble and asked the manager if she had one and she gave me one.

Frequent Contributor
NookaholicAC
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info scoobysmom. I just did a live chat and I will be recieving a new one also.