New User
trekcaptainusa
Accepted Solution

Nook Tablet Will Not Turn On

The battery died on my nook tablet, i.e. it discharged.  I plugged the device into the wall outlet, but the device will not turn on.  I have also tried every button, removing the MicroSD card, and key combinations, to no avail.

How do I fix this and be able to turn on my nook tablet again?

New User
trekcaptainusa

Re: Nook Tablet Will Not Turn On

Figured out the fix.  While it was plugged in, I pressed and held the power and N buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds.  I then turned the device on normally, and it worked.  :smileyhappy:

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,951

As an FYI to anyone else:

If you NOOK becomes totally unresponsive while off, plug it in with the BN charging cord to the wall. If the light on the charger is green, leave the device to sit for a good while (>1 hour) to recover from a full discharge. Even though the light is green, it is charging (it will change to the usual orange after the device has enough juice to reload).

Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

I've had this same thing happen to me.  I accidently let it run completely down while I was at work, and then I couldn't get it to turn back on.  I plugged it back into the wall charger when I got home, but it wouldn't turn on then either.  I left it to charge for about 3 hours and finally I did get it to power on.  I didn't want to hold the power and nook buttons in because I had read that would reset the device to factory defaults, and I really didn't want to do that.  I just had to wait until it decided it was recharged enough.

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."
New User
mwa101
0 Kudos

Thank you so much my Nook Tablet turned off while I was watching videos on Youtube and I could not get it to turn back on. Then I Google searched "My nook will not turn on" and it came up with this. I tried what you said and it came up with a window that said something along the lines of, "Would you like to reset your Nook to factory settings? Push power to exit Push home to continue" I pushed the power button and it turned off and then I turned it back on again like normal.

New User
ACLYNN
0 Kudos

Thank you for the tip.  Worked like a charm.  :smileyhappy:

New User
Kathy17KH
0 Kudos

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  I was ready to send my Nook back and you fixed it for me.   Greatly appreciated.

New User
doglets4
0 Kudos

What a relief!!!!! I utterly panicked when my Nook Tablet would not boot.  I have come to depend on it maybe too much. Thank you thank you, and thank you to my son Joe who told me how to Google the problem.  

New User
Vermicious
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

New User
myfrosty
0 Kudos

Thank you!! :smileyhappy:
New User
mskilnme
0 Kudos

thank you this worked. I thought i was going to have to buy a new one

New User
mike112769
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip! This got mine woking again.

Reader 4
Timill
0 Kudos

Another "Yay! Thanks!" here.

New User
dw1968
0 Kudos

My Nook will not turn on. I've tried the above tips and nothing? Anything else I can try?

New User
Nicoletto76
0 Kudos

THANK YOU soooooooooooooooo much for your post!!!  My nook was fully charged, but still shut down and wouldn't turn back on!  I was worried and quite upset actually and don't even have a Barnes and Nobles store less than 50 miles from me, so I read your fix and it WORKED!!!!  Your post made my day!!!  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
RedHeartFL
0 Kudos

I've learned that you don't always need to push both the power and "N" button at the same time... just pushing it for 20 seconds forces the hardware power circuitry to shut down (like on a regular computer), then power up like normal.

New User
AndiNelson27
0 Kudos

Have to share, I tried the above and nothing. I came across another that said push power for 10 seconds and then power again for 10 sec and it will flash white, this worked! 

New User
alyssa85
0 Kudos

Ahhh thank you for this post! I tried everything and this post was the one that saved me. Thank you!

New User
moodymonkeemom
0 Kudos

I tried all the above, usually the holding power and n button for 20 seconds works, but not this time. I guess I'll be taking it to the store......:womansad:

New User
riverSH
0 Kudos

Thanks that worked