Reader 2
Lea-Oceana
0 Kudos

Nook Tablet Won't Connect To Internet

My Nook Tablet's (bought in late December) internet has not been working since I brought it to Boca's Barnes and Noble. I didn't take my Nook with me in the store, but I took it out in the parking lot to show my aunt it. Then I just brought it back to the car and drove home. The internet from B&N was working fine, but since I've got home two days ago, my Nook won't re-connect to the internet. The strange thing is that it every thing else in the house has perfect wifi. It says that it has a DCHP (something like that) problem and to re-star the internet router.

I haven't tried that yet, but I'm going to once my dad gets home (I have a knack for screwing things up or breaking things). I'm wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else or if I need to go to my local B&N to get it fixed . . .

Thanks. =)

New User
sparkelsCB
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Tablet Won't Connect To Internet

Please help!  Just bought my Nook, now I can't get it to connect to my internet.

Frequent Contributor
bookworm1215
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with mine, you have to download the 1.4.1 upgrade for the nook tablet. Once I did that it fixed the problem.

Inspired Correspondent
Eustace2
0 Kudos

Lea-Oceana wrote:

My Nook Tablet's (bought in late December) internet has not been working since I brought it to Boca's Barnes and Noble. I didn't take my Nook with me in the store, but I took it out in the parking lot to show my aunt it. Then I just brought it back to the car and drove home. The internet from B&N was working fine, but since I've got home two days ago, my Nook won't re-connect to the internet. The strange thing is that it every thing else in the house has perfect wifi. It says that it has a DCHP (something like that) problem and to re-star the internet router.

I haven't tried that yet, but I'm going to once my dad gets home (I have a knack for screwing things up or breaking things). I'm wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else or if I need to go to my local B&N to get it fixed . . .

Thanks. =)

I had the same problem.  I unplugged the wireless router for about a minute and plugged it back in.  That fixed the problem.

"With Android for Nook, I am a real tablet." The Nook Pinocchio.
New User
AlieOops
0 Kudos

I am at a loss - as of today my Nook HD is not connecting to the internet - All I can connect to is B&N's site and within it .... the browser search engine does not work.  The chat support suggested resetting the modem which did not work .... the rest of the computers in the house all function well.  Called the provider to see if there were site maintanance or outages of some sort and they reset the modem as well.  Still does not connect.

The really concerning part is that I was given a new Nook HD+ at Xmas and it failed within 14 days, returned and got another new one.  The second new one had problems by day 3, it could not get mail and was told to deregister and reregister it.  Now about a week after I got it I cannot connect to the net.  I was going to get a Nook for my husband on his birthday yet he thinks they aren't worth the money.

Does anyone know just why the device won't connect to the internet?  I have verified the Wi-Fi settings, and anything that is in the system.  I don't know what I am missing .... or if the device has a failure.

Any ideas?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

If you can connect to the B&N site, then it is probably not a wifi issue (though it might be).

Please do following:

In 'Shop' search for Puffin browser and Dolphin Browser and download those. Then try with those.

If that doesn't work then following:

1) Restart Nook.

Power off: Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.

Power ON: Press and hold power button for 4 seconds.

2) Go to WiFi area. Make sure you have password for WiFi written down somewhere.

'Forget' the current connection.

Wait a minute.

Connect to the connection again.

Now try.

New User
FlyOnMyHippogriff
0 Kudos

My nook won't connect to the internet either I've had it for at least a couple of years. I don't know what's wrong with it. My sisters works perfectly fine.

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What are your Nook's settings and what are your wireless router's settings?

Does doing any of the following help

1) 'Forget' the wireless connection. Restart. then enter password and log into wifi connection again.

2) Restart by pressing Power button and physical n button (the one below the screen) for 30 seconds.

3) Turning router off, waiting 60 seconds, then turning it on.

4) Stealing your sister's Nook and replacing it with yours.

Reader
JanetOH
0 Kudos

Out of the blue, when I wanted to connect to wi-fi to download a Nook book I'd purchased, (I have a Tablet) it kept connecting and disconnecting-signal strength was fine and my laptop worked fine. I tried some suggestions I found here, turned it off manually and rebooted it, turned off my router and turned it back on, etc. etc. -I didn't try the more complicated "solutions" because all the acronyms made my head spin-SSDI?? MAC?? Upgrades to 1.7??  I'm not a techie and I bet a lot of NOOK users aren't either.  I was just about ready to take my Nook to the store I bought it from to see if they could figure it out, and I decided to try one more thing-the wi-fi password I use is supposed to be all uppercase letters, and  since I'd tried that about a dozen times with uppercase letters, I tried using lowercase letters, and to my surprise, it worked. Weird.  It might work for other people, you can try that.

New User
Sunshining
0 Kudos

Everything's else works fine but I can't get the web to work it comes up for 2 second then goes back the the main page
New User
Sunshining
0 Kudos

Can't get the internet even tho everything else works it shows my WiFi is connected please help my email is sunshining3000@yahoo.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Try a reboot (long-press power) or try another browser perhaps?