New User
Tomcat47
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Tablet power on problems

We're on our SIXTH Nook in just over a year. We give up.  Seems we can't get more than a couple of months out of one before it won't power up anymore. We follow the instructions of the people at the store exactly. They don't seem to be interested in satisfying us. We just keep getting refurbed Nooks. Time's up. We won't accept another refurb nor will we be purchasing any other electronics from B&N. We're not vindictive people, we've just had enough. The last two times I specifically asked for a new replacement but was denied. The store managers response in each case was to remind my wife and me that their only obligation was to replace the unit with a working one. One of these only lasted a week. Now we're over our year agreement and wouldn't expect they would supply us with even one of those now.  This is sad. Really sad. We thought better of B&N.

Reader
Splinteredruler
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

sorry was supposed to be on another thread

New User
C-L-M
0 Kudos

So, how do you do a hard reset on a Nook? And, is the power button the same as the volume button (since I don't have any other buttons to choose from).

New User
Pam48PM
0 Kudos

What is the 'n' ? I can't turn it on, so don't have a "n" on the screen....
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

The 'n' is the n-shaped button below the screen.

New User
cwyz
0 Kudos

you rock!-this tip worked instantly to revive my seemingly dead Nook...sometimes I just love the internet!! (but alas, sometimes not)
New User
Floridagirl47
0 Kudos

Hello COBHC

I thank you for your help, I was really worried that my B&N Tablet was done because it wasn't coming on and when I ran across your advice I knew I had to try it and it came on right away and boy am I happy.

Thank's again

Floridagirl47

New User
Jo56
0 Kudos

stupid questin but i have the basic nook. how do i find an N button?

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

The First Edition does not have a physical "n" button. Just the power button on the top. The "n" attention button is a touch point above the color touch screen.

On the First Edition, the best route I know for a reset is to pop off the back cover (this model was made to open as it had a removable battery, and that is where the SD card slot is), unscrew and remove the battery... then hold down the power button for a minute to drain the internal capacitors (which might be holding data in RAM). Reinstall the battery, snap on the cover, and hold down the power switch until the screen flickers into self test.

Baron Wulfraed
New User
annabjo
0 Kudos

Just go my first Nook (Simple Touch Glow Light), maybe the laste one. Bought it at John Lewis in London, 2 days ago. Went back to my home country. Charged overnight, followed the instructions, except nothing has happened yet. Have no SD card to remove, tried all the tricks with one button, two buttons, 4 secs, 20 secs, 5 min etc. Cannot see when it is off or on, since it has never come to conciousness. Connected to my computer via USB, plugged in, just showing me mockingly: "Fully charge before first use. Press the [on/off] button on the back to power up."

Help!