New User
bigbeargage
0 Kudos

Nook Tablet refuses to charge. :/

It seems as if my Nook Tablet wont charge at all. (yes the charging cord still lights up, so it's not the cord) I went to plug in my nook tablet to charge it, because it was getting low. And i noticed that even though the charger lit up when plugged in the tablet didn't seem to register that the charger was plugged in. I tried everything, even other chargers and it's now dead as a door nail. At the moment, it would serve me better as a cutting board if you ask me.in all of this trying to get the darn thing to charge i noticed that when the system is turned on (or when I try to turn it on and get the battery too low message) the light is green, but when it's off it turns the familiar orange color. I would really like to get back to reading sometime soon.

New User
kalanc2
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Tablet refuses to charge. :/

I am having the same problem. I plug the nook in and I get nothing. The light is orange like it should be but it's not recognizing the charge. I have tried two different cords and two different A/C adapters and neither work..even tried a factory reset.  I have contacted customer service through the chat and phone and no one is willing to help! 

Is there a way to take the battery out and put it back in without breaking the nook and voiding the warranty?

Contributor
hallja
0 Kudos

Have you tried a different charger? It could be that charger that is acting up. If it is under warrany B&N can swap it out for you if that turns out to be the issue.

Reader 4
Cheetahteacher
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem what was your result?

Stacy

Reader 4
Cheetahteacher
0 Kudos

when i plugged in the charger it rebooted to factory setup and wiped out everything i had on the nook. pictures gone, bookmarks gone, everything saved on it gone. only thing left is library and i hope my apps are still there.

why is this happening.

stacy

Contributor
choirgal04
0 Kudos

I've had that happen three different times under warranty.  First time, back in November '12 (our NT was less than a year on the market!) I had to turn in the tablet at the store and was issued a returned/refurbished one.  That one had the same probem after only two weeks!  B&N was again gracious and issued me another, which was doing fine until last week, when it happened again!  Only this time, the store doesn't sell or have any more NTs in stock...:smileysad:

There really seems to be an issue with the cord &/or slot that it goes in; it's awfully narrow (not much bigger than on a flip-phone charger) for a proportionally bulky, weighty piece of electronics.  Apparently, B&N has recognized the design flaw, because I notice that the new HDs & HD+s both have a much wider slot and cord attachment. 

Since this was strike three, B&N actually offered to ship me a BRAND NEW Tablet to replace mine for no extra charge (as long as I mail them back the original, which is of no use to me now that it's completely out of charge & won't turn on even when plugged in.) 

It arrived today, and seems fine as far as the charger slot/plug; however, in the middle of the laborious process of reloading all our content, the apps suddenly stopped installing after download.  I managed to finesse a couple into installing by archiving first, and later a couple more by powering off & then back on.  But now, whenever I turn it back on, I immediately get the message, "The application DownloadAdmin (process com.bn.nook.dadmin) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."  and the only option I have is a button that says, "Force Close." 

Looks like we'll be back in the store, tomorrow...:smileymad:

(I guess the silver lining is that I bought an HD+ on sale with $90 off for Mother's Day, which runs great except it no longer supports Adobe Flash player for some of my favorite websites... but basically the tablet is now an extra, which I intend to give to my daughter as soon as we resolve the app installation  problem.)

Any advice for either of these issues (dowload/install on the NT, no Flash player on HD+) would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

1) Go to Device > Settings> Device Information.

Check the line ' Storage for B&N Content'.

It seems to me that it's filled up and that's why apps won't download.

2) Download Puffin Browser. It's $3 but supports Flash. Nothing B&N can do - Adobe has ended support for Android.

Contributor
choirgal04

Thank you 5ivedom!!  I am VERY happy with the Puffin Browser!  And not just because it supports Flash -- it is much easier for me to use than Chrome.  I like the keyboard & mouse options, the bookmarks & settings, the "forward" function ( maybe Chrome & Dolphin have one too, but I've not been able to find any) and the progrss bar...  not sure I can think of any reason not to uninstall Dolphin & just make Puffin my default browser.   
As for the app installation issue, it wasn't a space problem.  I took my device into B&N, where we noticed that it wasn' running the most current operating system.  The guy was able to update it for me and also download/install my missing apps from their PC hooked up to my tablet  So both problems solved!  :smileyhappy:

Thanks again!

Bibliophile
5ivedom

ChoirGal, great to know both your problems are solved. Hope you enjoy your Nook.

New User
galaxyRG
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I didn't get my HD nook fixed. I took it to 3 different B&N stores already, they always said turn it off and then back on but after a while back to the same problems, it doesnt charge,some apps I purchased are gone and a book(not cheap) has something new now "LEND".

I am very disappointed, I shouldn't bought it.

Reader
tchpsych
0 Kudos

This is happening to my Nook HD+ tablet and it also happened to my two previous readers, I want to make sure I don't lose any data on the tablet. If I turn the tablet off and back on, it starts to charge showing the orange light and then it turns to green and stops charging!! I like my nook but this is getting tiresome.
New User
BigWillie33
0 Kudos

On my Tablet,I don't get either a green, nor an orange light,what does that mean? Do I have to get a whole new battery,or do I have to turn it in for a whole new Tablet? Please help!

Reader
NobleReaderGirl
0 Kudos

It's awful. I have two nook color tablets with this problem. I hope they correct it. Currently thinking of upgrading but the two but now will probably just get a new laptop instead and upgrade 1 and still not sure Nook is the best way to go. I've replaced 4 chargers and even had a nook replaced once during the warranty period because of this issue. Now that the warranty is over it's very frustrating. Bad products are not a good way to build trust and a solid customer base. I loved my Nook. Highly disappointed and so is the person I bought the other Nook Color for. If the company can not fix the issue with this particular device at least offer a discount for upgrading to a better one. 

New User
hellokimmi
0 Kudos

My nook refuses to charge. It lights up green but never charges device. Now, device is dead and can't be turned on. For a $300.00 device plus purchase of a new charger and no response from tech support, I regret the purchase of the device entirely.
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

Hmm.  $300??  The NOOK Tablet has been out of production for a long time, and it was only $249 when it was a new item.  Where and when did you buy it?  What do you mean "no response from tech support"?  Who did you talk to?