Contributor
MPHeart
0 Kudos

Nook Tablet won't work

It has worked fine other than twice I have had to reset it because no matter what it wouldn't connect to the internet. i have had it since Nov 18th. I have read one book, and watched four movies on netflix, bought a couple apps, haven't played them back yet. I was watching a movie from the Netflix app a few moments ago. The movie stopped and so I went to exit it out. When I did I don't know what happened but now it won't do anything. My Nook Tablet screen is a dark blue. I tried getting the home page to pull up nothing. Help!!  I tried turning it off and on and nothing. I am getting upset.  I plugged it in to make sure I didn't somehow drain a full charge nothing and the little U lights up green. What do I do?

Frequent Contributor
Oogler
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Tablet won't work

Take it to your local Barnes and Noble for assistance, or try and use Google search to find an answer from people with issues like yours.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Contributor
MPHeart
0 Kudos

I am so disgusted I was so excited to get it.

Contributor
jennt721
0 Kudos

It is a pain to get it looked at but I would take it in ASAP. That way if you are still dissatisfied, you can return the device before the end of the 14 days.

Contributor
MPHeart
0 Kudos

Now it's working. I finally got it to shut off holding the power button down and when I turned it back on it restarted and is working fine. Now I am just worried there is something wrong with it. I have had to reset it twice because the Internet wouldn't connect after using Netflix and now this happened whole using Netflix. I'm not sure weather to be safe and take it in or use it as much as I can between now and Friday to make sure it's okay before the end of the fourteen days. Now that it's working okay not sure what to do.
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

I would suggest you check the cord for one thing-not just the n on the thing itself, but see if it will connect to a computer and if it says it is charging when you bring up the settings.

You can also take it into a B&N store and see if they can check the cord.

And, check the caches for your web browser, the histories, cookies-clear them all.  If you had been playing around with it a lot, going from app to app, trying out a lot of things, it is just possible it's a memory thing, that it needed to be cleared out by powering off completely.  Android devices are not the best at closing programs and clearing the memory.  I won't say this is definitively what happened.  I think it is especially important to play around with it a lot seeing if this is a one time thing or if it happens again, see what caused it.  If you can't and don't have a good feeling about the thing, then exchange it.  At least you might want to see by googling as one person suggested to see if this has happened even with other Android devices.

You can also call tech support and see what they think, but expect you may have to wait for help, call at a time when they might be less busy.  Or, PM one of the Community Managers here for some advice.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Distinguished Correspondent
AVID-JT
0 Kudos

I would take it to your local B&N store to have it checked out.  It will give you peace of mind and provide a record of performance problems as support for any future claim for replacement.