New User
sayntin
0 Kudos

Nook survived the Moore tornado.

I lost everything in the Moore tornado, my house, my car, furniture, collectibles.  But luckily my NOOK survived.  But the volume is broken, I can read with it, surf the net, but I hear nothing.  I have no control of volume anymore. I was hoping B&N would replace it, but they wont.  I am stuck with a broken NOOK that survived the tornado.  This was not my fault, it was mother nature.  I wish B&N could help me with a replacement NOOK. 

Inspired Correspondent
Fat_Old_Guy
0 Kudos

Re: Nook survived the Moore tornado.

I posted this in your other thread on the same topic and will paste it here.

I don't want to sound mean, but why should they? are they in some way responsible for the tornado? I have lost 3 homes to hurricanes in my 50 years, stuff happens,

Scribe
Froide
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

sayntin wrote:

I lost everything in the Moore tornado, my house, my car, furniture, collectibles.  But luckily my NOOK survived.  But the volume is broken, I can read with it, surf the net, but I hear nothing.  I have no control of volume anymore. I was hoping B&N would replace it, but they wont.  I am stuck with a broken NOOK that survived the tornado.  This was not my fault, it was mother nature.  I wish B&N could help me with a replacement NOOK. 

So sorry you suffered tornado damage, fellow NOOKie. I'm glad you survived intact.  That's what really counts.

You didn't mention how old your NOOK is. In any case, as you've no doubt already learned, BN's One Year "Limited Warranty does not cover damage or malfunctions caused by accident, disaster," etc. And from what I read, the BN Sponsorships and Charitable Donations webpage states (in bold type): "Please note: Barnes & Noble does not have a grant program nor do we offer scholarships." 

On a more optimistic note: you may have some recourse and not even know it. Check out the list below and see if any of the following applies to you.

Ways to cover devices, that I'm aware of:

• Buy the device using a credit card that offers a warranty for damage/theft coverage and/or extends the manufacturers' and/or vendors' product warranty
  • Buy additional damage/theft coverage from the manufacturer and/or vendor
  • Purchase a device-specific policy, e.g., from SquareTrade
  • Cover it under homeowners/condo/renters' insurance - check with your insurer to see what's covered, under what conditions, for what price

Good luck!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[My quicklinks to pick/post limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads.]
Scribe
Froide
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Duplicate post.  Don't know how to delete it.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[My quicklinks to pick/post limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads.]