New User
WandaCa
0 Kudos

Nook tablet touch screen will not work

My Nook Tablet's touch screen won't work. I've turned it off and back on various times and still nothing. Everything looks alright but when I touch the screen to access the apps at the botton part  it won't work. Nothing at all. I bought it 2 years ago and it doesn't have any warranty. Is there something I can do or a telephone number I can call for help?

New User
WandaCa
0 Kudos

Re: Nook tablet touch screen will not work

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

Have you tried soft reset?(Hold power off button, when pop up button appears, ignore it and keep holding power off button until turns off . Wait 15 seconds, then turn it back on.)  See if that clears it. 

What exactly isnt working?  Is it the entire screen? Is it just the app button that appears at bottom of screen?(If you have it set up that way.) Or is it when you hit the "n" button, the appu, button that appears then?  From your initial post, it sounds like other things are working. More detail would help.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Also try this other method to reset: Press power button and 'n' button for 30 seconds.

Also, clean the screen.

Also try switching the screen off, and then on again.

If just one button isn't working then it might be a problem with that button.

Or is everything not working?

New User
Blargenth
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. I cleaned the screen, I did a soft shut down. I have no idea how to turn off the screen alone but I doubt its possible since their are no buttons to do so and turning the screen off disables the ability to turn it back on again from the screen.

It also seems that the issues is that all of the screen is being touched at the same time... verticly. So when you try to touch on one part of the screen, everything above AND belowe is being selected at the same time.

Please someone help!

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

Have you tried a forced reboot by holding down the power button on the back for 20-30 seconds? Hold the button long enough for it to shut off completely, then press the button again for a few seconds to reboot. This will force a complete reboot which might resolve any in-memory software corruption.

If this doesn't fix it, a factory reset is worth a try. If that doesn't work, you can try reloading the firmware.

If it still acts the same way, you unfortunately might have physical device damage. If anything pressed against the screen, or the device was warped by pressure during transport, a trace or connection might have been broken.

New User
chase10231023
0 Kudos

mine dose not work ethier
Reader
demented4fun
0 Kudos

seems to be a problem with Nook tablet, the touch screen will not work. I can play Sudoku and all squares work ok but the top line does not. I touch it and it does not know it. Re-setting does not change that, so I believe it is a hardware problem just for this tablet.
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Give the Tablet screen a good clean with a microfiber cloth.

New User
NookyMK
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with my Nook Tablet.  I installed Android CyanogenMod; the touch screen works perfectly fine. Can't explain why touch screen works with Android, but not with B&N custom OS.  You can download B&N Reader app from Google Market.

make a bootSD:

http://liliputing.com/2012/03/how-to-dual-boot-cyanogenmod-7-nook-tablet-os-with-a-microsd-card.html

MK