New User
brigcher
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook won't connect to ANY wifi

This is weird, because for about the first two weeks, everything was fine.  I could connect at home, at school, even at my friends' places.  But about a week ago, suddenly the nook could not stay connected.  It connects, and then is immediately disconnected.  I have reentered the passwords for the internet.  I have done nothing in regards to the access point because it isn't as though this is just my own personal internet that is suddenly shutting out the Nook.  It is the actual product that is malfunction.  If anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate any input because I need this thing for school.

Frequent Contributor
tvd1204
0 Kudos

Re: Nook won't connect to ANY wifi

Try a soft reset, that is, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Release, then press and hold the power button for 2 seconds to power it back on. If it's not connecting at any location (home, work or school etc) then I would advise to take it to a B&N store.

New User
coach67
0 Kudos

Nook Tablet has connectivity issues.  I had to dumb down my wireless router to get it to connect to my wireless.  Nook Tablet Tech Support was NO help ... I had to do a google search for advice.  It appears that Nook Tech Support won't help you adjust your router settings and suggests you contact your "ISP" provider.  They want additonal Tech Support Fees to help you since your internet service is already running and it's a "hardware" issue.  If I could take it back and buy a Kindle Fire ... that's what I would do immediately.  DON'T buy a NT.  I love me Nook Color Reader but would never buy a Nook Tablet.

Frequent Contributor
geertm

coach67 wrote:

Nook Tablet has connectivity issues.  I had to dumb down my wireless router to get it to connect to my wireless.  Nook Tablet Tech Support was NO help ... I had to do a google search for advice.  It appears that Nook Tech Support won't help you adjust your router settings and suggests you contact your "ISP" provider.  They want additonal Tech Support Fees to help you since your internet service is already running and it's a "hardware" issue.  If I could take it back and buy a Kindle Fire ... that's what I would do immediately.  DON'T buy a NT.  I love me Nook Color Reader but would never buy a Nook Tablet.

Perhaps you should first read all the posts about Wifi problems in the Amazon Kindle forum. Wifi is not as simple as some people seem to think. Every router is different, and Wifi problems can have a lot of different causes. B&N cannot help you with your router settings.

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

We have two Nook Tablet 16s and a Nook Color in this household and they all connect at home and in other wireless environments.  So, please do not make general statements about the NT having connectivity issues based on your personal experience.  There are many "settings" on the Wi-fi router side and several on the device side that can cause difficulties.  When an Android device connects then goes into checking connection and disconnect it is usually a wireless security setting.

With hundreds of wireless router manufaturers it is not reasonable to think B&N Tech Support will be able to assist with anything other than the device it's self. 

New User
BobberPA
0 Kudos

It is not the router.  It is the craptastic browser that is included with the NT.  I will not allow you to connect to an intermediate page needed for login or acceptance of terms of use.  This is the primary issue that I am having.  I have not tried it on my home wifi yet as I am not at home and seldom am.  I will probably take it back within the so-called trial period and dump it and get some other kind of tablet.  I love the reader, but connectivity is a deal killer for me.  Also, Nook support is childishly incompetent at best.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

BobberPA wrote:

It is not the router.  It is the craptastic browser that is included with the NT.  I will not allow you to connect to an intermediate page needed for login or acceptance of terms of use.  This is the primary issue that I am having.  I have not tried it on my home wifi yet as I am not at home and seldom am.  I will probably take it back within the so-called trial period and dump it and get some other kind of tablet.  I love the reader, but connectivity is a deal killer for me.  Also, Nook support is childishly incompetent at best.

If the  intermediate page does not pop up, what often works it to start the browser en go to an internet website. This will usually trigger the intermediate page.

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

BobberPA: try Dolphin as a browser it is more like ordinary Internet access.

New User
Ricalsol
0 Kudos

Could you share? Don't buy a NT if you live outside US. Can't buy apps, no support and wifi issues.

New User
Photo416
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. It worked for for 3-4 months and now, disconnects, reconnects and disconnects. :smileymad: