Contributor
DiamondgirlVA
0 Kudos

Page Turn Issue AGAIN!

I own the original 3g Nook, a  Nook Color and now a Nook Tablet.  I thought the update was supposed to take care of the Page turn issue that I experienced with the Nook Color but NO!  Last night while reading it starting skipping pages again. The only way to correct it so far that I have found is to advance the pages forward several pages and then back up. This is very annoying and last night it took forever and I was at the very end of my book.

Anyone else having this issue?  I restarted the tablet but this is extremely annoying and I am ready to quit reading Ebooks at this point.  I have given up on BN telephone support they are terrible. The only Nook I haven't had an issue with was the original one.

Contributor
doester
0 Kudos

Re: Page Turn Issue AGAIN!

Every once in a while it seems like the wording doesn't flow from one page to another or the when turning the page, the same page keeps coming up.  To fix this, I just change the font size to repaginate then change the font back to the font size I prefer.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Diamond, it appears some users are still having this issue when they attempt to read while charging. Were you charging?
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Contributor
DiamondgirlVA
0 Kudos

Nope not charging....I have heard about changing font size but haven't tried that yet.  Don't seem to have an issue with magazines just books.

Frequent Contributor
ceeotters
0 Kudos

Mine has started doing something similar. I "turn the page" and the screen refreshes, but it's either the same page or the page before.  It refuses to go forward. My "fix" is to go to another book and then come back, but it's done it now three times in the past few days and it never did it before.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

ceeotters wrote:

Mine has started doing something similar. I "turn the page" and the screen refreshes, but it's either the same page or the page before.  It refuses to go forward. My "fix" is to go to another book and then come back, but it's done it now three times in the past few days and it never did it before.

This is a bug in the current firmware. Easiest solution is to change to font.

The problem seems to depend on the book you are reading. I can read several books without a problem, and than suddenly I get the problem three time in a row reading a book.

Inspired Correspondent
The_Imperfect
0 Kudos

If you click the screen off and tilt it around in the light, can you see smudges on the right side of the screen?  Sometimes if prints build up in a spot, the screen gets confused between the prints and the actual touch, which can lead to page jumps (or other weird actions).  Cleaning the screen can help performance.

New User
tecc
0 Kudos

I'm having this issue too.  I bought my NOOK  maybe six months ago and when I try turning the page, it won't go any further so I have to manually "go to" a page and try going back and sometimes it works sometime it doesn't.  I've read your suggestions to try cleaning the screen and changing the font.  Any other suggestions?  Any software fixes for this besides these?  Should it go back to the store?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

Try a soft reboot first (hold power button, when popup appears "do you want to power off?", ignore it and just keep holding the power button until it turns off.) Then power it back on. See if that clears it. 

Also try using the publishers defaults for the font/layout. You can switch it back once you get past the page where it hangs.

Is it happening with just one book? Or all your books? 

IMO, its not the nook, its the epub file.  I've had the same thing happen with library books using the Overdrive app (was using it on a "regular" android device, not the nook OD app.)  Was reading a series. The first 3 or 4 books were fine, the next 2 happened once, and then on 1 book it happened 4  or 5 times.(Then I was thankfully done.) 

New User
jsmac8218
0 Kudos

Hi,

My wife was finally convinced to go ebook and bought the Nook Tablet a few weeks back. Mind you, it took me 2 years to convince her. My daughter has the original Nook color and loved it until her sister broke her creen.

Anyway, we have had the Nook tablet for about 4 weeks now and it's been freaking out ever since she bought it. You turn the page, and it keeps going, when you try to turn back it keeps going on it's own. If you hit back and forth it eventually stops, you then have to turn them one by one until you get to the right page, or else, if it doesn't stop flipping pages you have to turn it off and on again and then flip till you get back to where you were, assuming you rememebr the page number. It seems to happen with all books she's read and we've only bought B&N books so far. I'll try to screen cleaner and may even change the font, but it doesn't seem to happen at the same page every time. And, we were not charing it at the time.

PS: What firmware version is the latest? Ours is running 2.10.

Thanks

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

jsmac8218 wrote:

Hi,

My wife was finally convinced to go ebook and bought the Nook Tablet a few weeks back. Mind you, it took me 2 years to convince her. My daughter has the original Nook color and loved it until her sister broke her creen.

Anyway, we have had the Nook tablet for about 4 weeks now and it's been freaking out ever since she bought it. You turn the page, and it keeps going, when you try to turn back it keeps going on it's own. If you hit back and forth it eventually stops, you then have to turn them one by one until you get to the right page, or else, if it doesn't stop flipping pages you have to turn it off and on again and then flip till you get back to where you were, assuming you rememebr the page number. It seems to happen with all books she's read and we've only bought B&N books so far. I'll try to screen cleaner and may even change the font, but it doesn't seem to happen at the same page every time. And, we were not charing it at the time.

PS: What firmware version is the latest? Ours is running 2.10.

Thanks

I think you are in the wrong forum.  The latest firmware for the Nook Tablet is 1.4.3.  I bet you have either a Nook HD or Nook HD+ where the latest firmware is 2.1.0.  If there is nothing on the screen, I'd try shutting it down all the way and restarting it.  The HD/+ are listed here.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
Gr8Dane_ResQ
0 Kudos

New niik hd plus. The automatic page turning is irritating!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 83 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: