Frequent Contributor
Oogler

Petition for gmail calendar support

Not sure how many people, but it has to be more than me, that would like to see a legimate calendar app that supports gmail syncing on the Nook App Store. The fact that the NT didn't come with one is a bit comical but whatever.

Not sure if this thread will go anywhere but please post in reply if you would also like to see one and lets cross our fingers that B&N can come through with some support.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Contributor
gintn

Re: Petition for gmail calendar support

I'd like to have a gmail calendar app and also a gmail email app and news reader app just like my Android telephone.

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,312
Solutions: 18

The Google Calendar.apk was part of NT 1.4.0 (but no way to reach it) but was removed in the 1.4.1 update.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Frequent Contributor
Oogler

DeanGibson wrote:

The Google Calendar.apk was part of NT 1.4.0 (but no way to reach it) but was removed in the 1.4.1 update.

Thats goin in the wrong direction lol. :smileysad:

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Contributor
ConstayntReader

Yes please google calendar.
Contributor
ScifiDad

If not the real Google calendar. Then please approve an app that will sink with Google calendar. PLEASE!!!
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

Agreed, many of us have phones and PC's so supporting the products that we use on multiple machines/platforms even if that includes competitors sometimes is necessary.
Frequent Contributor
MarvinQ

would be nice to see an app like this!

Reader
reverendDAK

I would like to see full Google App support, period. In no way, except Android Market, would having gmail, docs, or calendar affect BN's ability to capitalize.
Contributor
gintn
0 Kudos

If it was in earlier versions of the Nook Color or Tablet operating system I never found it!
New User
GANook

Only thing I don't like about my NT so far is lack of syncing to Gmail calendar.  I don't want to keep two calendars.  Please add app.

New User
ASLMamas

I ABSOLUTELY would love an app that syncs with gmail.  I hate using more than one calendar.  I am a busy mom and I can't keep life straight in multiple calendars!  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us an app!!!

Contributor
kmoffat

I just had a nook tablet shipped to me, but believe now that I will be returning it, since the new update disables sideloading of apps that I already have, and there is no Google sync for calendar. This is amazing to me, since those features are a part of Android. If I'm to be limited to the BN store, with no other option, I might as well go with the Fire! I would like to support BN, and believe the nook is a better piece of hardware, but what good is that if all you can do is read and play silly games? Apps I have purchased for my DroidX should be loadable on other Android devices, and the basic features of Android should not be disabled. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one feeling slighted....

New User
polyemtgirl

I also would REALLY like to have an app that syncs with my google calandar. I have more than one chronic illness and it is IMPERITIVE that I be able to accurately keep track of all of my doctors appointments. This is a HUGE letdown. I never even would have considered that this wasn't available and was quite surprised when i bought the Nook. Totally considering returning it and just getting a full android tablet now....

Reader 2
RobNook

Count me in. My mission for today is to find a good calendar/organizer with an alarm function. Working with Google products would be a bonus.

Rob

New User
LorrieJ

I agree with kmoffat,  All of the folks that received Nook Tablets like myself for Christmas will have a HUGE dissappointment regarding the google calendar AND having to pay for every little app especially the ones that should be frre (weather and FB).  I know you can bookmark these spots through the web, but that's not the point.  This is run by Android, WHY CAN'T WE USE THE ANDROID APPS, especially the apps that we can sync (google calendar).  I think B & N will find that many people will return the tablets and get the Kindle Fire which many of my friends received and are NOT complaining about it at all.  WAKE UP BARNES AND NOBLE OR YOUR FUTURE NEW PHASES OF THESE PRODUCTS WON'T GO FLYING OFF THE SHELVES.  if I keep the Nook Tablet I will not be purchasing a single book or app from B & N. I for one will tell all of my friends the complaints I have with the Nook Tablet.

Reader
FmrMarineJ

I would like add my interest in this as well. I recceived a Nook Tablet for Christmas and was shocked to find that it did not have the ability to sync a Google calendar. I am an Android smartphone user and because of this, Google calendar is what I use everyday. I would like to be able to use my Nook for tracking meetings, appointments etc. but re-entering everything into a new calendar app is just not reasonable. These days, with technology at the level it exists, this should be a simple addition to the available apps, or software (if necessary) that the Nook provides.

Correspondent
AnnieVan

I too think it is essential to have this request fulfilled.

AND it would be very helpful if we received some feedback from the B&N moderators or administrators on the status of future apps. I am searching around these boards and I am not seeing much response from B&N. This is causing everyone to complain on the boards, because we have no way to know if anyone is listening! 

Reader 4
kukysncrem

YES please! This is a must have! You would this this would be a standard app!

Reader 2
tamubu

Yes please.  Come on B&N, do us all a sold and set us up with the gcalendar app.