New User
S_DoGood

Re: Petition for gmail calendar support

I want to add my vote for  Alarm Clock, Calendar, ToDo-App+Wallpaper Helper

by 5ivedom.  The description for this app ought to have CALENDAR listed first.  I bought it (dirt cheap at $1 !) just as an alarm clock and completely overlooked the calendar features, and I think lots of other people did too.

It works fine as a calendar and -- most important -- it does sync with Google calendar !

An added advantage to the sync function is the ability to define events in Google on a PC and using a regular keyboard.  The sync operation will populate your Nook calendar with those events without your having to key them in on the NT's glass keyboard.

So, for all you folks who have posted to this "Petition" thread, cough up a buck and give this calendar a try. 

(And, yeah, you can use the alarm clock, too.)

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

S_DoGood wrote:

I want to add my vote for  Alarm Clock, Calendar, ToDo-App+Wallpaper Helper

by 5ivedom.  The description for this app ought to have CALENDAR listed first.  I bought it (dirt cheap at $1 !) just as an alarm clock and completely overlooked the calendar features, and I think lots of other people did too.

It works fine as a calendar and -- most important -- it does sync with Google calendar !

An added advantage to the sync function is the ability to define events in Google on a PC and using a regular keyboard.  The sync operation will populate your Nook calendar with those events without your having to key them in on the NT's glass keyboard.

So, for all you folks who have posted to this "Petition" thread, cough up a buck and give this calendar a try. 

(And, yeah, you can use the alarm clock, too.)

It seems like a good app.  But the ability to sync to google calender was only added in the last week or two.  It's nice to know that some of the developers are listening to users requests!

Inspired Contributor
dtmarshall
0 Kudos

Any email client that doesn't suck as much as the stock one would be nice. Sorry to whoever wrote it, but the thing makes me want to throw my nook across the room everytime I use it. And sadly theres no rating system for stock apps.
Don't Panic.
New User
Alfonsca
0 Kudos

While the app you recommended is a good workaround, it still is not a true Google calendar replacement.  All of your calendars are not displayed and functionality is not 100% --- it's still a stop-gap measure. gApps should run without B&N getting in the way.  Especially since it is sold as a "tablet."

Frequent Contributor
Toreth
0 Kudos

I would love a gmail calendar app.  B&N should spend their time on allowing the apps people want and not on preventing rooting, etc.  Do they really believe the average person would go to all that trouble to root their Nook if they could get the apps they want from B&N?

Contributor
hallja
0 Kudos

I would move this to the suggestions and idea forum.

Inspired Contributor
logdog
0 Kudos

I bought the N2A card a couple of weeks ago and love it.  I now have a real android tablet with gmail calendar, a fully functioning email program (K9), I can download library books directly to the nook and I have access to all the free google and amazon apps.  If you look at the Nook Tablet Issue Reporting forum, you can see that no one at B&N has been looking at any of our issues in at least a month.  I can still easily reboot to the nook os but have had no reason to do so.  Android is so much better.

New User
TheOther77
0 Kudos

Yes please?!?!?