New User
Mephikun
0 Kudos

Randomly stopped turning on?

I hit the internet button on my Nook Tablet, and I noticed Wi-Fi was not on. So I turned it on, said it couldn't turn on. So, as ususal when I have an issue with my nook, I rebooted it. It will NOT turn back on. Holding to power button not plugged in, plugged into the wall, plugged into my netbook, plugged into my desktop, doesn't even show the white "n" at the startup. My nook is not modified in ANY way. Help!

Frequent Contributor
Lady_Mousie
0 Kudos

Re: Randomly stopped turning on?

If you have an SD card, try removing it and then try to turn it on.  That happened to me last week - no response but booted up straight away when I removed the sd card.  I have since replaced it and there have been no other issues

New User
MelaneeP
0 Kudos

Re: Randomly stopped turning on?

I had the same problem last night and found a message thread here on this site under "Nook tablet won't power on" and, apparently, it's a problem with the Nook Tablet across the board. It's not just a random number of tablets. Various solutions seem to be pressing the power and the 'n' at the same time for 20 seconds, which didn't work for mine. Another solution is connecting the tablet to your computer via the USB to update. My personal solution is to return it to the retailer it was purchased from for a full refund. I will pay the extra case for an ipad that is much more reliable. Mine was purchased for me as a gift for Christmas from my husband. It hasn't even been used 15 times yet. Sad.