Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Replacement Nook Tablet Cable?

Hello,

Does anyone know where a replacement charger cable can be found for the Nook Tablet?  On BN.com it shows as not available and there are none at any stores near me.

Thanks.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Re: Replacement Nook Tablet Cable?

I normally don't bump my own posts but...anyone have any ideas? I can try a normal USB cord but was hoping to replace it with an official cable.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

At eBay and Amazon.

Nook Tablet can use a normal USB cable. It works fine. I've tried it with cables from other tablets.

Contributor
TaurusWriter
0 Kudos

So I could use the USB from my phone charger?  or does it have to be a tablet USB?

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Yes, any cable that has the correct end-plug will do.

Lots of people on this forum and the Interent have mentioned using Motorola chargers and other phone chargers.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Strange, that's the first thing I tried was my phone charger which which looks to have the same plug. It must be very close but have some subtle difference that it won't plug in. I'll see if I can get a different cable and give it a shot. Thanks.
Frequent Contributor
Raven2099

1-800-the-book b&n will sebd u a replacement within a few days....
make my nook suck less
New User
gettin_picky
0 Kudos

I took my Nook Tablet (first edition not hd) to Barnes and Noble to see why it wasn't charging.  I had the original cord but was using the part that plugs into the outlet from my first edition nook wifi/3g.  They told me I have to have the original black nook tablet plug but they don't have them in store or online. 

What is up with that?  The tablet isn't even  a  year old and I can't purchase power cords for it?  Has anyone used a different power source for their Nook Tablet 7 inch?

Bibliophile
5ivedom

gettin_picky

1) You can charge from a PC or laptop via USB. Slower but works.

2) You can find at an Electronics store a wall plug that has USB port for your Nook cable and also has following specifications:

Output: 5V ~ 1.9A

Frequent Contributor
Raven2099

Like i siad 1 800 THE BOOK B&N WILL SEND YOU A NEW CORD FREE......
make my nook suck less
Frequent Contributor
ualanook

The Office Depots in my area (Northern CA) carry nooks and accessories.
New User
-Jazu-

Free? For real?

New User
taraohara
0 Kudos

I just bought one on ebay...the store is gizmosandgadgetsonline...34.95 I think....

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00

Just thought I'd pass along that someone posted on another thread that they are available from Frys online site.  They are selling them for $19.99.

Reader 4
klarsen117
0 Kudos

Does this only apply if we bought the Nook from them? My husband bought mine at Best Buy.

New User
mistgel1
0 Kudos

Our local B&N stocks them behind the counter so you may have to ask for one. BTW- we are going back for our second replacement! They are so flimsy!! :smileymad:

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

mistgel1 wrote:

Our local B&N stocks them behind the counter so you may have to ask for one. BTW- we are going back for our second replacement! They are so flimsy!! :smileymad:

I'm still on my first one, and it show no signs of breaking.  Oh, and I have NookColor, so I've had mine longer since I bought it before the Nook Tablet was released.

Reader
Grandpa_Chet
0 Kudos

This is no longer true. They've told me to go to local B&N and BUY one. Local B&N tells me we Nook Tablet owners are not important. Calling or even chatting with B&N results in them hanging up.

Raven2099 wrote:
1-800-the-book b&n will sebd u a replacement within a few days....

New User
jannjannbobann
0 Kudos

Yes, for 9.99 + shipping they will send you another crappy cord.  So sorry that I bought it in the first place.

New User
bookreaderNR
0 Kudos

After trying for over a week to get a new cord, I have finally received it.  But it doesn't appear to be charging my Tablet.  Customer Service was a pain.  Couldn't order on-line & chat told me I had to call the 1-800 number.  It took 18 minutes to order the cord.  When it didn't arrive as promised, that was another 18 minutes of trying to get another ordered after the 1st person hung up on me.  When I still didn't get that one, it took another hour to finally figure something out.  The last time I called the young lady did everything she could to help before transferring me (after a wait) to Digitized Support who sent me another cord.  Wonder if it's my battery?