Reader
SWB-BN

Request for Xfinity TV App for Nook Tablet

This request is already in the Nook Color forum and for redundancy sake (in hopes that the Nook App development team is reading), I'm sure I'm not alone in stating we would very much like to have an Xfinity TV app for the Nook.  NOTE:  I am aware the Xfinity app is now available in the Android Market, however if you try and install it via the Xfinity website (indeed there are prompts to do so), you cannot install it on your Nook yet.  The "Send to" prompt only provides device choices that are your smartphones (even though I tied my Nook Tablet to my Google account).  So apparently, this action requires a Nook-specific standalone app.  Attention B&N Development Team:  If you are reading, please work with Xfinity to get this app online.  Watching my Xfinity Premium On-Demand shows was one of the main reasons I just purchased the Nook Tablet.  I assumed once it became available in the Android market, it could be installed on the Nook.  My mistake in assuming, I know, but nevertheless, I'll ask here anyway.

New User
Randall_B
0 Kudos

Re: Request for Xfinity TV App for Nook Tablet

Second that. Might root mine anyway.
New User
sotopopmom1
0 Kudos

Please get Xfinity TV app for Nook color
New User
Decay
0 Kudos

Another vote.

Contributor
lemondrops
0 Kudos

Xfinity TV app and Xfinity mobile app please.

New User
harleydude
0 Kudos

Big yes, come on I want to watch my TV on my nook and control my devices via the nook as well!

Contributor
her-hd
0 Kudos

Yes, I was disappointed that I couldn't watch TV with my comcast account
Inspired Contributor
nookie01
0 Kudos

Add my vote to this request. It is the app that I would use most.

New User
VT-Libbys
0 Kudos

We have a family of Nooks this would be great.

Frequent Contributor
Didact
0 Kudos

I believe you can use xfinity in the browser as long as you set it desktop mode. An app would be nice though.
New User
cpb214
0 Kudos

I agree 100%.  Make this device even more usable! Xfinity on the Nook Tablet would be another reason for us to use this device in the classroom and for tutoring.  We could access so many programs for science and etc. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Frequent Contributor
jelabarre59
0 Kudos

The problem seems that B&N & Xfinity/Cr*pcast have conflicting interests here.  Each feels that cooperation will somehow adversely affect their markets.  Each side is so used to being a-holes that the concept of working together is beyond them.

I expect B&N would eventually add the app as some $5.99 product (since it's free everyplace else), and Xfinity, never wanting to see anyone *ELSE* screwing over xfinity customers (that privelege is reserved to Comcast themselves), will ban B&N from selling the app.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

jelabarre59 wrote:

I expect B&N would eventually add the app as some $5.99 product (since it's free everyplace else), 

Developers set app prices, not BN...

/sigh

Reader
SWB-BN
0 Kudos

I would pay for this app.  That's how much I want it.

New User
tjens89
0 Kudos

The Nook's market is terrible!!!!!!!! I bought it with the knowledge it would have Android market, which is what the salesperson told me. Almost everything cost's money whereas the vast majority of Android market is free. Selection is very limited, and I am very disappointed. Wish I would have went with the Kindle Fire! Nook needs to step up their game! I do understand it is an e-reader, but it has the potential to be so much more!

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

tjens89 wrote:

I bought it with the knowledge it would have Android market, which is what the salesperson told me. 

No they didn't.

Contributor
lfeuln
0 Kudos

No salesperson should have told you that the NT came with the Android Market (now Google Play). If someone actually did, you'd have every right to 1) place a complaint with the store for unacceptable misinformation and 2) return the tablet within two weeks.  If you didn't, sorry but you're stuck.  Make an N2A card per instructions on the xda forums and you'll have the apps, including Xfinity.

New User
WmOnook
0 Kudos

It is unfortunate that the Nook Color market is so limited. Other devices run more freely.

If B&N wants to retain market share, especially after the Bite that the Kindle Fire took out of their turf, they'd better start thinking about giving more to the Users (CUSTOMERS).

I've had my Nook Color for just over a year and it will sit unused days on end. Why? Because my Android phone has so much more to offer, including my Nook app, My phone can do all my Nook can do (even access all my Nook books!) and More. My Nook is soooo limited.

We all had to wait a long time to have Netflix. How long for Xfinity? The Nook is nothing more than a locked down Android. I'm getting to the point of reforming my Nook to a straight up Android device. What have I to lose at this point?

I want my xfinity TV.

New User
Jay_B8
0 Kudos

Definitely something that I would like to use.