Contributor
JerseyJ
0 Kudos

SD Card Question

How do you save to your Sd card?  I just got a card and need to know how to save to it. Thanks for help.

J

Scribe
Froide

Re: SD Card Question

See Nook Tablet Support: Frequently Asked Questions, Beyond eBooks, FAQ#8: How do I transfer photos, music, and other personal files onto my NOOK?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[My quicklinks to pick/post limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads.]
New User
BrianTech
0 Kudos

Froide,

That doesn't answer the question of how to transfer pictures and things from the Nook itself to the SD card. The FAQ only answers how to transfer things from your computer to your Nook.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

It's been awhile since I've played around with the NT, but I don't believe you can transfer directly from the NT's internal memory to the SD card. It may be possible through a third party app, but I don't know what app available in the Nook Store would be able to do it.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

You can use a disk imaging program to actually copy the image of the SD card onto the PC.  Search the web for "Win32 Disk Imager" for example.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

kamas716 wrote:
It's been awhile since I've played around with the NT, but I don't believe you can transfer directly from the NT's internal memory to the SD card. It may be possible through a third party app, but I don't know what app available in the Nook Store would be able to do it.

Open Explorer is a free app that should work. It will you to move files you have downloaded from the nook on-board memory to the sd card. You wont be able to see the "hidden" partition (ie books and such downloaded directly from the B&N store.) Also pay attention to what the drives are called - believe the on board memory is called mnt/sd_card and the "real"sd card is called mnt/ext_sd_card (or something like that.)  There may be other apps that will work.(QuickOffice used to have that ability a long time ago, but wouldnt purchase it just for that reason.)