Contributor
john2012
0 Kudos

STYLUS for the TABLET

Does anyone have any information about using a stylus on the TABLET?  I noticed that BN had a VERA STYLUS available but can no longer locate it.  Any information would be appreciated. 

Correspondent
TelSC
0 Kudos

Re: STYLUS for the TABLET

About any type of capacitive stylus will work with the nook. Any Ipad stylus will work on the nook also. There are tons of them for sale on Amazon and you can pay pretty much what you want for one. Some are a little more blunt than others and I find those the hardest to use. I have a Griffin that I paid about 10 bucks for that I like.There are even some that have a tether that plugs into the earphone jack to anchor it.

Stop Calling It A Tablet
Inspired Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

Any stylus works fine on the Nook Tablet.  The one I use was purchased at my local Staples store for less than 12.00 dollars.  There are hundreds of capacitive styli (plural???) out there that do the job.  If your stylus works on your iPad, then it will work on your Nook Tablet. 

amazon.com has a lot of them at very affordable prices.  The one with the B&N name on it is nice, however, a bit pricey.  Some stylus(es), not quite sure about the plural form of this word, are better than others. 

Good luck

Lector GS
Contributor
Firetech
0 Kudos

Monoprice.com has them for about $3.
Correspondent
TelSC
0 Kudos

LectorGS wrote:

Any stylus works fine on the Nook Tablet.  The one I use was purchased at my local Staples store for less than 12.00 dollars.  There are hundreds of capacitive styli (plural???) out there that do the job.  If your stylus works on your iPad, then it will work on your Nook Tablet. 

amazon.com has a lot of them at very affordable prices.  The one with the B&N name on it is nice, however, a bit pricey.  Some stylus(es), not quite sure about the plural form of this word, are better than others. 

Good luck

Try an iPad Pogo stylus and you mind rethink that statement. I've seen several of them tried on a Nook and for some reason they just don't seem to work that well if at all. When I made my post about any iPad stylus, I had completely forgotten abou the Pogo. You're right though, that some work far better than others. I had one with a blunt type tip on it that was almost worse than using a finger.

Stop Calling It A Tablet
Inspired Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

I had never used the Pogo stylus, therefore, I don't have an opinion about it.  I have used several stylus(es) on my Nook Tablet and they have done their job well. 

Sometimes it's just a matter of (good/bad) luck.

Lector GS
Contributor
Zhules
0 Kudos

Can you recommend a brand name/model number that is superior (with a low price, of course)?

Inspired Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

I am currently using one whose brand name is Targus.  It works fine. I paid around $12.00 for it.

Lector GS
Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

I was able to find the Nook Vara Stylus at my local BN store, so if you check around, you may still find one in stock.  I found mine with the Nook 2nd Edition accessories, though it works fine with my tablet. 

Contributor
hallja
0 Kudos

Staples has capacitive pens for the nook and any other device that uses a capactivie touch screen. I think they were 15 dollars.

Frequent Contributor
AmyMacEvilly
0 Kudos

I like my iFarday stylus. $10 and it has a smaller tip than the Pogo or Targus one.