Contributor
BarneyInBend
0 Kudos

Safe way to clean Tablet screen?

The user manual says 'no liquids!' but soft dry cloth doesn't get rid of the finger oils that make it VERY smeary when turned off (and quite visible when on.)

I don't want a cover that just dims the whole display. Come on, a lil bit of a Windex wipe will 'break' or stain the thing? I sorta doubt it but... what's you folks' experience?

Contributor
lemondrops
0 Kudos

Re: Safe way to clean Tablet screen?

I'd try just wiping it with a clean microfiber cloth, they generally do a good job of removing fingerprints.

Inspired Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

This is what I do.  I spray some commercial window cleaner on a 100% cotton clean piece of cloth (i.e. old towel, t-shirt, etc.) and then proceed to clean the screen.  I never apply the liquid directly on the screen.  It works well and it takes away the finger oils and the marks. 

Lector GS
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

I give a baby sqirt of my eyeglass cleaner in to a micro fiber cloth. If I could quit eating cookies while reading the cloth alone would be enough.
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I think as long as you  do not spray directly on the screen you will be fine.

I have an anti-reflective protective sheet  on mine so it cleans easily with the micro fiber cloth that came with the sheets.

Contributor
BarneyInBend
0 Kudos

Thanks, that does seem to work the best - microfiber alone cuts the smeariness but not completely. (Of course I wouldn't spray stuff ON the screen, I may be dumb but I'm not stupid;-) Thanks all! Wish Barnes and Noble would say that in their user guide, dry cloth alone doesn't cut it, maybe I'm just oily-fingered;-)

Frequent Contributor
LoganK

I tend to put water onto a microfiber cloth as well (although my cloth is almost completely non-absorbant). I find that hot breath on the screen followed by a wipe down eliminates fingerprints fairly well.

You could always try putting a cute picture on the screen. Apparently some people on this board can't resist a slobbery kiss to their screen when they see a cute picture. :smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

BarneyInBend wrote:

Thanks, that does seem to work the best - microfiber alone cuts the smeariness but not completely. (Of course I wouldn't spray stuff ON the screen, I may be dumb but I'm not stupid;-) Thanks all! Wish Barnes and Noble would say that in their user guide, dry cloth alone doesn't cut it, maybe I'm just oily-fingered;-)

You have to remember we live in a world where hand held hair dryers have to have warnings on them to not use while sleeping and preparation H says it's not to be taken orally (or so I've been told).

You'd be surprised how many people do just the thing that is not recommended.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Contributor
theoak

[ Edited ]

Quote from Deemure:

"You have to remember we live in a world where ... preparation H says it's not to be taken orally (or so I've been told).

You'd be surprised how many people do just the thing that is not recommended."

I once read that people were brushing their teeth with Preparation H (mistakenly) because it looked like a tube of toothpaste.

EDIT:  By the way, the label does not mention this, but don't clean your NT screen with Preparation H either. If you do, the screen will become numb, and will not respond to touch anymore. :smileytongue:

*** He who dies with the most toys, still dies***
Contributor
BrentB
0 Kudos

I cut a thin microfiber cloth in half, slightly less than the size of the NT.  Then, I put that cloth behind the NT, sandwiched between the the NT and my Industriell Easel cover.  It seems to snap in just as easily, but does anyone foresee any problems with this?  It's not like there is any vents on the back, so I don't think there should be a heating problem.  This is the only way I could think of keeping a cleaning cloth with the NT at all times (at least with my cover).

Contributor
joe19462
0 Kudos

theoak,

It's good to see there are a few people on these boaards that have a sense of humor.  Keep it up!  it is refreshing.

New User
Pipersmom247
0 Kudos

I use an alcohol wipe. Then when it dries i use the microfiber cloth to remove any smudges. It works really well!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 173 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: