Contributor
boriquita
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Serious Nook Rookie - How do I find my Apps Wishlist on my Nook Tablet?

Hi All,

Got a Nook Tablet from the hubby for Christmas (total surprise, hadn't even been considering it or the Fire & am having fun learning about my new gadget).  HD screen is awesome, App Shop is pretty pitiful but improving I hear so I'll be patient.  Bummed some things aren't standard (Calendar, Voice Recorder, Weather, Alarm Clock, etc.).  Am exploring features, etc. but cannot figure out how to find my Apps Wishlist on my Nook Tablet.  I've looked a few different spots that make sense & no dice.

Initially I Google searched my way into hopeful content but it was a Q posted by a fellow Nook Tablet user inadvertently on a Nook Simple Touch board - d'oh.  I read the "Important Read" this, "App feedback" that and other plausible threads here in the Nook Tablet forum.  45 min. have gone by & I'm still scratching my head.  However, I did get some much needed insight on screen protectors.  I flawlessly applied an InvisibleShield & was really disappointed by how the graininess affects my picture quality.  I will periodically be lettting my toddler daughter use the Nook w/me so I do want some sort of protection.  I'm a bit clumsy too at times.  And I guess some sunny day down the road the anti-glare will be nice.  Trying to suck it up & use it for awhile to see if I can get used to it. Think I might be swapping it out for a Clarivue clear one or something similar. 

At any rate, I radically digress.  Life's too short for a working mama w/little free time to search any longer for what I hope is a quick answer (though perhaps not the shortest way of asking the question....).  :smileywink:  Hoping someone can help me find this info.   

Thanks,
Nook Rookie

Contributor
boriquita
0 Kudos

Re: Serious Nook Rookie - How do I find my Apps Wishlist on my Nook Tablet?

Also realizing now I probably should have posted this in the Nook Tablet Support forum instead.   Ahhh, crumb...

Bibliophile
laurieb52

[ Edited ]
There currently is no app wishlist on the tablet, only an ebook wishlist. You can access the ebook wishlist on your tablet under shop, then tapping the "my account" button. You can, however add apps to your online wish list. Just make sure you are signed in, visit the web based app page, click on an app,and you will see a tiny link to the right of the app that says "edit list". Click on that and select one of the options. You can access your online wish lists - there is one for ebooks and one for everything else- by tapping on the "My Account" link at the top of the discussion boards, then tap on wish list. The wishlist you will see first will be the "everything else" list. Tap on the "my other wish lists" link to access the ebook wish list. The online ebook wish list, however, does not correspond to the ebook wishlist on your tablet, as it is currently linked to the wishlists created with the original eink nooks.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Contributor
boriquita
0 Kudos

Hi, Laurie!  Thanks so much for the reply.  That's really disappointing, though.  So I can use the Apps tab in my Nook's menu, peruse apps and I get an option to check a box when viewing an app that would put it on my "wishlist."  But to then access that wishlist, I have to open a web browser, log into barnes and noble's site and go view my apps wishlist through that interface instead??  And I didn't quite follow the gap between an eBook wishlist online vs. on your tablet. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

Guess, I've got an App Recommendation/Enhancement to suggest.  Thanks again!

Contributor
boriquita
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A quick bit of follow-up.  I logged into the B&N site, went into My Account & Wishlists and I only have the initial template they set up for you which is blank.  I looked at some Apps, added one to my wishlist online & then viewed my wishlist.  Still blank.  And I still don't know how to review various apps I've added to my wishlist on my Nook Tablet itself.  I went back into one such app on my Nook and the wishlist option is still checked so I'm not hallucinating.  LOL   At least, I'm pretty sure.  :smileywink:

(Tried to insert an image that I've hosted on my Facebook page to show what I'm seeing on my Nook & it won't work, also tried inserting the link for the image instead & no luck either.....really frustrated w/much that is B&N at the moment.)

Frequent Contributor
Lady_Mousie
0 Kudos

If you log on online and go to an app you want on your app wish list, go to the link that say add to list, click on new wish list.  Name it App wish list and voila! You have an app wish list.

Mousie

Frequent Contributor
Lady_Mousie
0 Kudos

Lady_Mousie wrote:

If you log on online and go to an app you want on your app wish list, go to the link that say add to list, click on new wish list.  Name it App wish list and voila! You have an app wish list.

Mousie

And it didn't work....hmmmm

Contributor
boriquita
0 Kudos

Hi Lady Mousie,

So are you saying that you tried to follow the steps you recommended and they didn't work for you?  Just want to make sure I understand. 

Ultimately, I just want to create and view an App Wishlist within my Nook.  I don't see why I should have to log into the B&N site.  Do you or anyone else know if there is a way to do this?

Frequent Contributor
Lady_Mousie
0 Kudos

That's correct
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hmm...

I am also wondering if I am able to add apps to my wishlist online through my PC or NT web browser because I have had my wishlist since I had the original Nook eink.

Has anyone who is a new nook user been able to access as I described?

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Frequent Contributor
Lady_Mousie

laurieb52 wrote:

Hmm...

To clarify further, you cannot use the "shop" tab on the tablet to add an app to your wish list, you have to go to the web browser, and add it to your web wish list.

No, actully.  I was havinbg a play around on my NT and to put an app on an app wishlist. Open the app and click on the wishlist button.  Then go back to the shop home page on your NT and click on the account button at the top of the page.  There is your wishlist

Contributor
boriquita
0 Kudos

Hooray, Mousie!   Big piece of Gruyere for you!  :smileylol:   

Excellent!  THIS is what I was trying to do - App Wishlist adding and viewing all within my snazzy new Nook Tablet. 

So I can add Apps to the wishlist while navigating on the Apps tab, but have to go to the Shop tab to view said wishlist.  Silly.  Why ever wouldn't B&N put a link to the Wishlist in the App section itself?  Will definitely make that recommendation on the App Recommendation thread.  But this is awesome!  Now I can see all the different Apps I've researched and pick which few I will start with. 

Thanks again!

Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

The online ebook wish list, however, does not correspond to the ebook wishlist on your tablet, as it is currently linked to the wishlists created with the original eink nooks.

Yep, this is really not good.  Before I got my NT I spent a lot of time adding nook books to my eWishList.  It's really silly that there's an online eWishList and a nook eWishList.  That's really confusing.  I had to use the web browser to go to B&N, then find and bookmark my eWishList.  Of course that's really counterintuitive from hitting the "Shop" button and locating all the ebooks you took the time to put in your List.

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."
Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

boriquita wrote:

Will definitely make that recommendation on the App Recommendation thread.  But this is awesome!  Now I can see all the different Apps I've researched and pick which few I will start with. 

I've already added this request to the "NOOK Tablet Ideas and Suggestions" thread.  You can find my post under New Messages.

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."