Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

Setting Default Browser to Dolphin / Default PDF to ezPDF

I am wondering if anybody knows how to set default browser for ALL WEB ACTIONS to the Dolphin Web Browser. I understand how it prompts which browser you want to use for each sute, and then you can check always use this as default browser for that action, but is there a way to set an app as the universal default for all actions? Also I may have already set another app as a default... How do we clear out app defaults? I would want to set ezPDF as default on all PDFs as well... There should be an easy access control panel for setting application defaults in the nook settings menu...
Frequent Contributor
Lady_Mousie
0 Kudos

Re: Setting Default Browser to Dolphin / Default PDF to ezPDF

[ Edited ]

I think when I was wandering around Dolphin's settings/options I saw an option to make it the default browser.  I am not sure about EzyPDF as I have the same problem there

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

To change the default pdf reader to  eZpdf reader, I think you go through My Library, then My Stuff, to My Files.  Then select a pdf, but keep holding/hard press and you should get an option to "Complete Action Using" which gives you your choices.  At the bottom is a "Use be default for this action."  If you check the box and then open with eZpdf reader (or whatever your choice is), I think it will change it. 

Re, changing web browser default.  Can you try to open the stock browser.  Do you still get the option box to change your default there?  I didn't change mine to a default yet, have just been going through the Dolphin app (and there's a litle box at the bottom that of the "new tab" page that says, "would you like to use dolphin as default.") 

Does that help?

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

I've set as default browser using the method, and it sort of works.. For most actions but somehow certain sites seem still to open up the stock browser. The web menu button still seems to open the stock browser first and then switch to the dolphin browser when the homepage loads. Some for ezPDF, I've set the ezPDF as default reader previously but occasionally it still loads the old browser... I'm not sure whether it is because I had the action set as default previously on certain file...
Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

The "Web" button launches the stock browser.  If you launch Dolphin from it's Icon on your home screen you will reach your home page much faster.  By launching from the "Web" button I think you may also have two browsers fighting it out for which does what.  Dolphin is so good there is no reason to "press N, press Web" anymore; just tap Dolphin...

For the PDF reader you might go to a PDF file in your "My Files" folder and long press it.  The dialog window will open.  One of the actions listed will be "clear default launcher" press it.  Then long press the file again and select the default launcher for PDF files.