New User
7gerryneal7

Tablet Upgrade

No upgrade for play or to another Android OS? Good By BN hello Apple.

Frequent Contributor
Rebeljt

Re: Tablet Upgrade

Apple? You are welcoming yourself to another set of issues. I wish you luck. There are other Android Tablet Manufacturers. 

New User
mnuhfer

At least you will get new apps. The addition of Google Play will kill the only App area for Nook color and Nook Tablet owners, unless you root.

I for one will never recommend a Nook of any sort again. This company does not know how to treat customers, nor do they know how to sell and support anything other than books.

If you are behind the 8 ball on sales, the worst thing you can do is anger your loyal following.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I have a Nook Color, I'm not angry, I understand EOL devices don't get upgraded. As far as Apple, I have an ipad, it's not like Apple doesn't have it's issues. The iPad 3 was discontinued 221 days after it was released, there were complaints of overheating and apparently issues with the the LTE, 4g. Apple didn't offer anything to those who had purchased the device. The most they did was extend the return policy to 30 days at some Apple Stores.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

mnuhfer, agree with this:

At least you will get new apps. The addition of Google Play will kill the only App area for Nook color and Nook Tablet owners, unless you root.

As a Nook App developer I can tell you that things just got very complicated. Have no idea how sales of apps in Nook App Store will do. However, i suspect they will drop a lot.

Of course, number of HD and HD+s sold is far, far lower than Color+Tablet. I'd guess 1 million to 5 million.

So there might be a big enough market to keep making Nook Apps. Not sure though.

Contributor
2PointySticks

7gerryneal7 wrote:

No upgrade for play or to another Android OS? Good By BN hello Apple.

I've got Google Play on my phone--which means I can download apps I've already paid for onto any other device I own that also has Play on it.

Goodbye Nook, hello as-yet-undetermined Android tablet. 

(You know that the "i" in iPad, iPhone, etc stands for "i paid too much", right? :smileyvery-happy: )