New User
steamer482
0 Kudos

Uploading pictures from SD card right to web using Nook possible?

I am thinking of purchasing the Nook for my wife but what she and I want to know from current users is - If we upload pictures from an SD card to the Nook can they then be uploaded over the web to such sites as Shutterfly or Kodak? 

Your feedback is greatly appricated!

Thank you!

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Re: Uploading pictures from SD card right to web using Nook possible?

Hi steamer482,

Great question!

Since those are browser based applications you should be able to upload your pictures just fine.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

Before answering your question I decided to try my Picassa account.  It opens via the Web Browser but when I select Jpeg files for upload the service returns a message saying they are not a supported file type.  This is not true as they are Jpegs, however, the Picassa service must not recognize the Nook Tablet's file system.  I will work with this a bit but you may or may not beable to upload images from your Nook to an on-line service.  I can view my Picassa folders and pictures on the Nook so that works for sharing with friends and family.

New User
digitaldoc
0 Kudos

Use the abbreviation JPG instead of Jpeg - that is the standard file extension for that kind of photo file.