New User
ssggarrett
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Where are my Nook books?

Hello all,

I am new to this nook book thing. I just got my kids the nook tablet for Christmas, and have a question. where are my nook books stored on my computer?

can I upload files to my Library?

can files/books be used on more than one nook?

Thank for your help

James

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Re: Where are my Nook books?

ssggarrett wrote:

Hello all,

I am new to this nook book thing. I just got my kids the nook tablet for Christmas, and have a question. where are my nook books stored on my computer?

Thank for your help

James

where are my nook books stored on my computer?

There not unless you put them there. Any B&N books bought are stored on B&N servers. And then you can  download them to your nook  or computer with the B&N nook reader for your pc to have books there.

Which Library? You mean on the nook? On your PC?

Yes you can register up to 5 I believe devices per Nook account. So any book is available to any of those 5.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

You can "sideload" books (EPUBs and PDF's) to your Nook from your computer via USB. You would need to download adobe digital editions for sideloading library books, and epub books with DRM protection from places like Fictionwise or Books on Board. Another free program to download to your computer for tweaking non-DRM books is Calibre.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

To find nookbooks on your pc, you need to first install the Nook for PC app.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-for-pc/379002322

Nook for PC will show you all of your books.  Make sure to download them under options.

Then locate the folder on your pc. Go to documents, my B&N nook books, click on your email, and all your books will be listed there.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Correspondent
SamSpade88
0 Kudos

Just so you know:  The source of the B&N book or subscription is on the B&N's Server called B&N Lifetime Library. Your device can store it but you won't see it in a folder or be able to copy it to a MicroSD card.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

You can copy your B&N books to an sd card though, by downloading them to Nook for PC, then copying them to the sd card. The first time you open a B&N book from the sd card, you will have to enter your credit card information.
Correspondent
SamSpade88
0 Kudos

Thanks

Can you please refer me to a B&N document or Help window on how to do that?

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Page 49 on your user guide discusses transferring files from your computer to yor nook or sd card.

There are a few threads, probably in he old nook color discussionsthat explained about transferring your B&N books to the sd card, but I can't recall th thread name.

However, here are the steps.

1. Download Nook for PC to your PC, and enter your user name and password to link it to your B&N ebook library. Open Nook for PC, click on library, then click on th sync button to download your ebooks. You may have to tap on the synk button several times to get allbooks downloaded, because only 5 or 6 books are downloaded at a time.

Once all of the books have been downloaded, go out of the program, and go to Documents; My Barnes & Noble Ebooks. Click on the ebook folder, then click on the folder that has your email address to access the books for sideloading.

Next, hook your NT up to your PC via the usb cable. Once the NT has been recognized by your PC, sideload the books into the "My Files -" books" folder on either your NT or the SD card. Be sure to properly eject both the NT and SD card from the windows explorer or file manager view, and not from the icon tray at the bottom of your display.

Reader 4
ericakb
0 Kudos

what if i have a new cc on the acct?  or more than one?  will it matter which one i enter?  does it have to be the one the book was originally purchased with? because i have switched my cc twice since my acct started.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

You need to keep the older credit cards listed on the web site, even if you switch, or you will be asked to enter the credit card number when you try to open one purchased with a prior credit card. I've had 3 credit cards since I bought my first nook (forgot my pin number on the second after only a month of use, and it got eaten by the bank).

I made the mistake of shredding my second credit card when I got my third card, and forgot to write down the number somewhere. When I downloaded books to my second nook, the books purchased with the first and second card would not open without entering the credit card number.  I had also shredded my first card, but happened to remember the number, so was able to enter that credit card number back on my B&N account page. Subsequently, downloads to my third and fourth nooks allowed me to open books purchased with the first and third cards, but to this day, I am unable to open the few books I purchased with the second card.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

laurieb52 wrote:

. ,but to this day, I am unable to open the few books I purchased with the second card.

Archive those books, sync your Nook, unarchive the books. This way a new copy of the books will be downloaded, encrypted with your current credit card.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Thanks... worked.