Reader
Stephy44
0 Kudos

Which is the Best Micro SD Memory Card for Nook Ereader?

The 2, 4, 8 & 16GB Micro SD Cards are available with 2, 4, 6 & 10 Class (Speed) indications-which are the best choices for the Nook 1st Generation Ereader? 

Correspondent
TelSC

Re: Which is the Best Micro SD Memory Card for Nook Ereader?

Popular opinion seems to think Sandisk is the best for the Nook. I doubt you'll see much difference in Class 4 or Class 10 for general purposes. My Nook color was rooted and running off a class 4 Sandisk and it seened slow at times, but that was probably because everything was running off that card. I got an AmazonBasics class 10 16Gb card for about 20 bucks on Amazon and  I can tell the difference on the rooted Nook color but I can't tell any difference just doing basic stuff on the Tablet. You've got to be careful buying a Class 10 as some class 10's seem to run no faster than a class 4 and you're wasting your money paying for some class 10's. I clocked mine and it is running at what a class 10 should run. All in all, I've been happy with the Amazon card.

Stop Calling It A Tablet
New User
Fafhrd
0 Kudos

I have the tablet and I did not root it.  I made it capable of side loading and downloaded a couple of file mgt programs.  I cannot move anything onto the SD card.  It doens't matter where the program came from Amazon or B&N.   Astro gave me an option to load programs to the SD card.  Lost both of them from the tablet. 

the tablet recognizes the card and eve set up folders etc.  But I can't get anything to move over to the card.

Any insight?

Correspondent
TelSC
0 Kudos

Fafhrd wrote:

I have the tablet and I did not root it.  I made it capable of side loading and downloaded a couple of file mgt programs.  I cannot move anything onto the SD card.  It doens't matter where the program came from Amazon or B&N.   Astro gave me an option to load programs to the SD card.  Lost both of them from the tablet. 

the tablet recognizes the card and eve set up folders etc.  But I can't get anything to move over to the card.

Any insight?

Can you move stuff to the card while the Nook is plugged into the computer, using Windows?

Stop Calling It A Tablet
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

The advantage of class 10 is higher write speeds. Once something is saved to the SD card there is little advantage. This is a big deal on cameras or when editing video but if you are just accessing data already stored, not so much.
New User
Fafhrd
0 Kudos

No.  The card has all these folders and a few files from Nooks set up.  I just can't get programs (apps) to move over it the card.  All the Mgt programs give me the options but they just go off into space or the Amazon cloud. 

I hava a couple of apps that I dont want or wont use.  I will test those to see if they will go to the card.

Correspondent
SamSpade88
0 Kudos

You posted in the Nook Tablet forum so I will answer against that!  I am using a Transcend 32gb rated 4 card and it works just fine. I was going to get a 6 or a 10 rated card but after a lot of reviewing it was overkill for this device.  A 6 or a 10 is better for cameras which require faster write speeds.

My videos are encoded at 1024x600 at 2500 bit rate. They were originally 1080p videos. They look pretty spectacular and there are absolutely no read or pixel failures!  Smooth as silk!  :smileyhappy: