New User
didade68
0 Kudos

Words With Friends - Force Close

I'm being asked to force close WWF every time I play a word.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I just recently upgraded last week and started having problems today.  Any suggestions, solutions?  Thanks!

Contributor
adag87
0 Kudos

Re: Words With Friends - Force Close

didade68,
  You are in need of an update for your Words With Friends app. To do this, open the app section of your library or navigation bar.  Select "Check for Updates" in the top, right-hand corner.  You will notice that several apps might require an update.  The updates are free.  This should fix the application issue.  I hope it helps!

-adag87

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairytale." -Hans Christian Andersen
New User
micklzb
0 Kudos

I also am having the same problem. Updated the game the other day and now I get the "force close" prompt after every turn....helppppp

New User
Michalexa
0 Kudos

I too have started getting that exact same error. I did the upgrade last week and since last night it has the same force close messege. There is no update available for WWF. I went to my local B&N store and the gals there could not help but suggested I call 1-800-THE-BOOK.

New User
dartbabe
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Spent over an hour at B&N last night...they force factory reset my Nook and guess what...still have the problem and now I have to reload everything I had on my nook...lost any and all scores I had on any of my games AND I no longer have my wish list!!!! Went back today because customer support suggested to B&N personnel to partition my Nook...so I dropped it off today, they did the partition and guess what?? YEP...still have the same problem. I then spent over a half hour on the phone with cutomer support myself with a female who did not speak the best english in the world and after all that what do they tell me...contact Zynga. It's not a Nook issue, it's an app issue and since they developed the app, that is who has to help me fix it. SO, have to reload everything back onto my Nook...I have NO wish list. I spent how much for the extended no worries warranty??? NOT HAPPY at all, especially since I have NO answers!!

Reader
tb_in_mn
0 Kudos

Also having the same problem and it was the update that caused it.   Everything worked fine UNTIL the update.   What next - anybody have any suggestions?

Bibliophile
Schwa

From the product info page for WWF :

Please contact the developer directly if you would like to report a problem:

This is just like computer software support.  With issues for computer software you don't contact Dell, or HP, or Apple etc. You contact the maker of the software.

New User
hartley987
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem  - I spent two hours the other night with 1-800-The Book - who then referred me to Zynga - who was able to help me.  But now I have the Force Close issue and do not want to go through this again.  Maybe someone can post the solution!  Thanks!

Reader 4
butterflyamy7575
0 Kudos

I too am having this problem. Grrrr.
New User
belfrybats
0 Kudos

This has been happening to me since their latest "update".  There is no further updates.  I cannot play correctly as I keep getting "force close" every time I submit a word.  I was on the phone with Nook support and they said it was a problem with Zynga and not Nook.  They had no solution at this time.  HOWEVER, my WWF works just fine on my Droid phone.  This is not satisfactory!  My husband's Kindle Fire has no issues with WWF.   I am not a happy Nook owner.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 41

Hey All,

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

Zynga has provided an update to Words with Friends. Please press “Check for updates” button and make sure that you have the latest version of Words With Friends.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
New User
readergirlDB
0 Kudos

I DID update the WWF app last week. It worked fine for a few days but now it force closes after every word play.  There are no more updates to do. I am very frustrated! Can anyone help solve this problem?

New User
SweetSherryWalker
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up Alex -- just loaded the new update to my tablet and WWF is working great again!  Now if I could just figure out how to run more than 20 games.... or get rid of some friends, one or the other! :smileylol:

New User
hartley987
0 Kudos

I just updated also - it works now!!!!   YAY!!!  Just check for the update in Apps - Thanks Zynga!! 

New User
readergirlDB
0 Kudos

Just got a new update last night! Works great now! Just go to your app section and push the new update button. Thanks Zynga for fixing it!!
New User
dartbabe
0 Kudos

They now have a NEW update that fizes this problem. I too contacted Zynga and they have fixed the problem and there is a new update that makes it work good again. Just download the update and you should be good to go.

New User
Cally612
0 Kudos

I am having the same force close pop up after every word I play. I have done all updates and this is still an issue and very frustrating! I tried doing a complete shut down and restart and it is still happening. Any thoughts? Thank you!
New User
rmm73
0 Kudos

Words With Friends - tiles instead of facebook pics?

Is anyone having the issue where now instead of facebook pics and names, the people I have games with are showing as letter tiles, and instead of names, most are something generic like "zynga12345--01"  so i cant really tell who I am playing?

I did an update last week, and this started about then.  Any ideas are appreciated.

New User
SandyMN
0 Kudos

If you send email to that address ... you'll get this email back:    "Your message has reached an unattended mailbox. "

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 21 members 270 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: