Reader
Nan161
0 Kudos

Words with Friends Upgrade?

Today when I open my Words with Friends app I get a message "Update Released - A new version is available, press OK to upgrade"  I cannot play the game so I hit OK. It takes me to the BN app store to "buy" Words with Friends. I was irritated that I had to pay another $2.99 for the upgrade, but I have active games.  So, I hit buy.  Then I got the message "You already have this app" 

Well duh, I know I do!  So, my question - how do I either get rid of the "press OK" to upgrade message so that I can simply continue with whatever version it is I have... or how do I get the upgrade?  And yes, I am connected to WiFi (wouldn't get to the BN app store without it).

Any ideas?

Reader
marge34
0 Kudos

Re: Words with Friends Upgrade?

I am having the same problem. I tried hard reset. no luck :smileysad:

New User
daisymargaret88

I was frustrated too but I figured it out! 1)  Press the upside down U button on your nook 2)  Select your Library 3)  At top select Apps 4) Select check for upgrades (below the words SHOP NOW) 5)  then upgrade!  Congratulations...you're done!

New User
daisymargaret88

I was frustrated too but I figured it out! 1) Press the upside down U button on your nook 2) Select your Library 3) At top select Apps 4) Select check for upgrades (below the words SHOP NOW) 5) then upgrade! Congratulations...you're done!
Reader
marge34

I figured it out.  open the apps page on your nook tablet.  there is a "check for updates" near the top of page on right.  Tap that and follow instruction for updating your apps.  Words with Friends is now working.

Reader
nana1948
0 Kudos

Thank you. I have been frustrated for two hours and have tried contacting zynga etc. Thank you again. I am so addicted and was feeling physically ill.lol
New User
NeverB
0 Kudos

I'm so glad somebody figured it out!  I was getting so frustrated and I have a bunch of games waiting that I usually play in the evenings after work.  I'm ready to get back to it...thanks for sharing the solution!

Contributor
SuziRozi
0 Kudos

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Suzi Rozi
Reader 4
pammitchell
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Reader 4
dinahwv
0 Kudos

thank you! i'm so happy i discovered your solution when i did this search.

blessings,

dinah

p.s. it worked, by the way.

Reader 4
Ratbruce
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!!!  That worked!

New User
labND
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for the help, I had the same problem too.

New User
cat5dancer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!!  Zynga should be paying you for helping hundreds (who have viewed this thread) of their disgruntled customers with this information that they failed in every way to provide.  Absolutely no way to contact them by phone (why they even provide a phone number is beyond me) and their website is a joke, again, with no way to report a problem, let alone receive any answers.  Thank goodness for Google (genius!) and people like you who make an effort to help others.  Zynga - FAIL!!!

New User
Prisy
0 Kudos

OMG! thank you, I was getting WWF withdrawal!

New User
EnglandAE
0 Kudos

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!  :smileyvery-happy:  You saved me possible hours of frustration!

New User
OlyJan
0 Kudos

Thanks so much.  I followed your instructions & now it works great.

New User
Los6Leones
0 Kudos

Thank you for figuring it out and sharing!!! May the wwf gods be with you.
New User
erica717
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!  I was freaking out.  :smileywink:

Reader
AZ_Jim
0 Kudos

You would think that the "Upgrade Now" popup would take you to the upgrade page on the Nook, not the store...sheesh.

thanks for the help!

New User
brt610
0 Kudos

I did all of the above steps and nothing is working. My tablet is acting as if there are no updates available. I have tried everything. any other ideas