Reader
D_eReader
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

? about displaying photos on the Nook Tablet

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a Nook Tablet for my MIL who does not have a computer or digital photo frame.  In addition to using it as an eReader, I would like to have a way to show her short video clips, but most importantly photos.  In terns of photos I have two questions.

1.)  Does the NT actually display photos?  When I went to a B&N store to check the tablet out, I didn't see a gallery option and when I asked the worker, he said that he wasn't sure that it actually displayed photos.

2.)  One of the things I did not like about the Nook Color is that there was not a way to organize your photos into albums.  If the NT does indeed display photos, does it have album creation capabilities? 

Actually, I just thought of one more question.  Does it have the ability to create music playlists?

I thank you in advnce for any help!

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

Re: ? about displaying photos on the Nook Tablet

Yes it does display pics. The Gallery is now under Media.

You can download  the Photo Gallery (Fishbowl) app  which does allow you to create albums.

Reader
D_eReader
0 Kudos

Thank you So Much!  I went another B&N today and three workers there didn't know the answer.  You are the only one to give me a definitive answer.  :smileyhappy:

Scribe
Froide
0 Kudos

Doreenpv wrote:

Yes it does display pics. The Gallery is now under Media.

You can download  the Photo Gallery (Fishbowl) app  which does allow you to create albums.

Photo Gallery (Fish Bowl) by Pixie Reef:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[My quicklinks to pick/post limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads.]
Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma

Buy the B&N App Store version as it is optimized for the Nook and has a few functions that the advertising supported "free" version does not.  I have been using Fish Bowl for about six months and it is a very excellent photo manager and viewer.  There is another B&N App Store photo viewer called ImageGallery that is $0.99.  It is also very good and has the advantage of being very simple to setup and use.  Both allow you to view only folders you select so you do not have to sort through all the book cover art, video and wallpapers.

New User
jennifer_
0 Kudos

How do you add photos to the Photo Gallery (Fishbowl) app?  I purchased the app an hour ago and still cannot figure it out.  Can I download them from shutterfly?  Can I transfer them over the wireless network? 

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

The easiest and fastest way is to connect your NT to your computer and just copy the photos over to the NT. 

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek

[ Edited ]

And the reason the Nook version isnt free is because it doesnt have ads in it... and is set up for the Nooks aspect ratio/display...And the Nook version doesn't  in app garbage and a performance hit for pulling ads....

There is no such thing as getting something for nothing.. it has a cost.. either in dollars to the user, or being annoyed and harassed with ads.... B&N took the high road..... 

New User
ppaperdoll
0 Kudos

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 272 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: