New User
zerowolf1521
0 Kudos

cannot login to Netflix app on Nook tablet or config the account or view online on nook

I just got my netflix account and am excited to use it on my nook tablet... or I was. I only got one day's use out of it. The next day it says there's an issue with my internet connection, but there isn't. Later that same day it tels me that I need to update the app... which I don't know how to and didn't see a way to do so. Now all I get from the app is a black screen.

I tried doing the settings>app settings>home>configure Netflix account and I'm greeted with this wrong username and/or password mess. But when I log onto the website, the username and password work, and I can log in just fine.... so long as it's through the website. However, I'm met with a blockade because when I try to view movies, I get told that I don't meet the "Instant Watching system requirements".

What gives? Does anyone have any idea what I can do to? Thanks in advance.

Reader
byzkitt
0 Kudos

Re: cannot login to Netflix app on Nook tablet or config the account or view online on nook

I have the same problem.  I tried to the steps you posted and they did not work.  When I tried to archive netflix I do not have the option to.  I think it is due to it being preloaded.  Any other advice to get nextflix working.

New User
LERUCA
0 Kudos

Re: cannot login to Netflix app on Nook tablet or config the account or view online on nook

I had the same issue, with the option for archive not showing up for Netflix app.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Sorry, the only option is 'Check for Updates'.

I think I was wrong and there was never an option to Archive Netflix. Check for updates should check and download any new version of NEtflix and that might solve the issue.

New User
Mican
0 Kudos

Checking for updates will not solve the problem, nor will a soft reset.

The most current version of netflix does not work on the nook tablet.  It will load to a grey screen and never actually log in.

B&N and or Netflix needs to look at this.  I got the run around when I called for service.  A soft reset and a complete reset did not work.

Sadly, B&N seems to not be interested in updating the tablet anymore.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

On Nook Tablet I have Version 1.6.0-release 8.

It works for me.

The information on version number is at the bottom of the page below 'Sign Out' button.

What version do you have?

On checking for updates it shows me 'All Apps are up to date'.

By the way, I last updated I think a day or two ago. So not sure if there's anewer Netflix update or that was an older one I hadn't done for a while.

New User
cp157
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The same thing is happening to me.  I'm kicking myself for paying $250 for this thing!  Coulda shoulda woulda bought a Kindle!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 32 members 303 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: