Contributor
Woofhoundz

ebook wishlist

I find it very user unfriendly that I cannot access my ebook wishlist from the Nook Tablet.  One has to add all the books one has on the bn.com website to the Tablet wishlist (double entry of over 200 books for me).  Also, when I go to the web feature and enter www.bn.com and log into my bn account, there IS a wishlist option, however it is the default wishlist and NOT the ebook wishlist.  I cannot see anyway to access by ebook wishlist via the Nook or the Nook website feature.

Customer Service is willfully ignoring the issue just stating that the wishlist on the Nook Tablet and the wishlist on the bn.com website are not connected.  What's the point of having a bn.com ebook wishlist if one can access if from one's ereader?

Other that this totally ridiculous issue, love my Nook Tablet.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: ebook wishlist

Woofhoundz wrote:

I find it very user unfriendly that I cannot access my ebook wishlist from the Nook Tablet.  One has to add all the books one has on the bn.com website to the Tablet wishlist (double entry of over 200 books for me).  Also, when I go to the web feature and enter www.bn.com and log into my bn account, there IS a wishlist option, however it is the default wishlist and NOT the ebook wishlist.  I cannot see anyway to access by ebook wishlist via the Nook or the Nook website feature.

Customer Service is willfully ignoring the issue just stating that the wishlist on the Nook Tablet and the wishlist on the bn.com website are not connected.  What's the point of having a bn.com ebook wishlist if one can access if from one's ereader?

Other that this totally ridiculous issue, love my Nook Tablet.

Yes, it's true, with th exception of the N1E, the wishlists on the devices and the Android App, are separate from the wishlist on the website.  Pretty stupid in my opinion because why would anyone want to keep up more than one wishlist, not to mention if you have to reset the device, you completely lose your wishlist.

And you can't access the eBook wishlist from the mobile site either.

It's like B&N is trying to make it difficult for me to spend money.  

I only keep the wishlist on the website, so if I want to buy a book, I go to my computer.  However, if I'm lying in bed and I want to buy a book, what generally happens is I don't, since I can't access my wishlist to decided what to buy.

I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but it's not.  And obviously, the wishlists don't have to be separate, the N1E accesses the wishlist on the website with no problem.

Reader
NyxGoldstone
0 Kudos

I'm just throwing my complete agreement in here, too.

I've pestered several B&N employees both in person and over the chat support about linking the wishlists. I had a derp moment when I upgraded from the Color to the Tablet and didn't save the long wishlist I had on the Color, which wouldn't have happened if the Store via the Nook and the web-based store wishlists were linked.

Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

Yes, there have actually been quite a few posts complaining about this exact issue.  I've even commented a couple of weeks ago on the Nook Tablet Ideas and Suggestions board.  It's just intuitive and makes more sense that if you log in to your B&N account either via the web or through the NT Shopping app, it should give you the same information.  If I'm on my NT and look up my wishlist, I really have no interest in seeing my standard wishlist, at that point I need to see my eWishlist.  B&N should make it extremely easy for you to find things you want to buy from them and at the moment, this does not help.

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."
Correspondent
Lugaid_Llyr
0 Kudos

Apparently, the wishlist on the site is also not woriking. I can not add books to my list on the site from my PC and my Tablet obviously won't sink. This is annoying since I added several books to my list on the site without realizing they actually weren't added. Does this mean I have to use my N1E or won't the wishlist work there either? Wish B&N would pull their thumbs out and get this sorted.

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. - Herbert George Wells
Reader
NyxGoldstone
0 Kudos

Yeah, the online rep was shocked to find that I really wasn't an idiot who didn't know how to use the site when I told him that adding to the site's wishlist didn't actually add anything anymore. His solution? "Just use the wishlist on your Nook since they can't sync anyway."

Reader 4
ephemeriis
0 Kudos

I just upgraded from a 1st Edition to a Tablet.  Was amazed to see that my wishlist no longer works between my Nook and the B&N website.

Seems like a genuine step backwards to me.

I used to make almost all my purchases directly from my Nook - buying things that I'd saved to my wishlist through the website at some earlier point in time.  It's far easier to browse the website and shop for things that look interesting from a computer, and then save them to a wishlist.

Reader 4
Lia74
0 Kudos

The original Nook 3G was able to share wishlists via computer and Nook. Now wr have the tablet which is supposed to be full internet etc and it doesnt share. This is so backwards.
Contributor
NotReallyHere
0 Kudos

Just to add my voice, i was amazed to not see my "wishlist" from my Nook Tablet I just picked up yesterday.