Reader
MNNook
0 Kudos

email app doing a force close

Last night my email app started doing a force close.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: email app doing a force close

1) Try the K9 Email App. Do you get force close with that too?

2) Download App Killer and see if you have something running.

3) Restart your Nook using press 'n' button and power button together and hold for 30 seconds.

Do you still get Force close?

Reader
Gertrude8Manhattan
0 Kudos

So. That is all well and good to install a new app..but i have a draft caught in the app that keeps forceclosing. Tried the same things. 1) installs correctly. 2) not spending $0.99 for aproblem barnes n noble has... 3) if you restart to factory setting defaults (hold power and n button for 30 sec) you lose all your info. Anybody have anything else?
Reader
Gertrude8Manhattan
0 Kudos

I dont want to download the K-9 app.. I would like barnes and noble to fix this problem. How do we professionally complain to this company?
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I don't know how to get across to B&N and complain. Perhaps go to the Issues forum and mention it there -

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Issue-Reporting/idb-p/newNOOIssueReporting

This:

if you restart to factory setting defaults (hold power and n button for 30 sec) you lose all your info. Anybody have anything else?

No, that doesn't reset to factory settings. It just restarts the Nook.

Correspondent
Wulfraed

Have you considered that it might be someting IN the draft that is killing the mail app?

I've only done a few short tests -- the email app on my HD+ is just too limited for my uses. Especially when I don't have cursor keys for precise movement.

Baron Wulfraed
Inspired Contributor
lotsahelp

Can you delete the draft on your account from a laptop or something other than your nook? I had problems with my email a couple of months ago. I reset my email account, i used k9 app, searched the boards, and then it somehow started working correctly after a few weeks. My suggestion is to not reset your nook for this. Try using k9 for a few weeks.
Reader
hbmari
0 Kudos

We had the same problem after my husband tried (unsuccessfully) to download a large app. Evidently something happened to change the address for the email. How we solved the problem:  Downloaded K9, installed it. In the process, it appears that the correct email connection was fixed. Now we can get our email through the regular email app just as before, or we can use the K9 app.