Reader 2
Lea-Oceana
0 Kudos

"Internal Error During License Generation"?

Yesterday I bought an e-book on my Nook Tablet without a problem. Today I tried to purchase two books, but my Nook will not allow me to download them, citing INTERNAL ERROR DURING LICENSE GENERATION.

I have never seen this before, and as an avid reader and review, am extremely concerned for the well-being of my Nook. 

Can anyone help me? It's urgent. Thank you.

- Oceana

New User
Bethtastic
0 Kudos

Re: "Internal Error During License Generation"?

Same exact thing just happened to me, I was charged for the book but it wont download, same error msg.
New User
docmago
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem on my Nook Simple Touch. No problems buying ebooks 4 days ago and as of today every attempt to download newly bought eboos gives an "Internal Error During License Generation". I can read them in Nook for the Web - so I've actually bought them - but can't download to the Nook.

Reader 2
Lea-Oceana
0 Kudos

So it's happening to everybody, eh?

I feel a bit better knowing it's not just me. Hopefully Barnes and Noble will fix it fast.

Reader
LPryor
0 Kudos

I've been using the Nook app on iPad for awhile. Now all of the sudden, I'm getting this smae error message.

Correspondent
FARIEQUEENE
0 Kudos

Same here...

Best part is I tried to contact tech support, the guy on the chat told me to uninstall/reinstall my app on my ipad so not only now do I not have the new book I bought, but I lost ALL my books.

"I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king."
New User
jdarling
0 Kudos

Perhaps it's something to do with the hurricane?  Where are B&N servers etc?

Correspondent
FARIEQUEENE
0 Kudos

They are in NY and that makes sense, but it would have been nice for tech support to have known that before telling a customer to delete all their books.

"I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king."
New User
Bethtastic
0 Kudos

Crikey! I am going to wait till tomorrow, wonder if there are some issues bc of the hurricane, I am in New England.
New User
CAbritt
0 Kudos

I have been searching the web for the better part of an hour trying to figure out why I can't get any of my old books on my Android app or my PC or my Reset Nook Touch. Wow, I'm glad I stumbled across this. It has to be something on B&N's side. At first I was getting a “could not communicate with server” then it went to the License Generation error. Hopefully the fix whatever is going on soon.

New User
jdarling
0 Kudos

Well, tech support is probably exported to ... a bunch of different places and may not know anything.
New User
jdarling
0 Kudos

I'm not able to get chat tech support at all.  I assume the servers are not working properly, if B&N is in NY (or nearby states) and kept their server farm in the area.

New User
KC19
0 Kudos

Had the same issue with a book purchased yesterday, downloaded to my nook but went to dl on my nook iPad app & rec'd the licensing message. Deleted & downloaded app, was able to dl all of my books except the one I had/have the original prob. Not even going to bother calling tonight. Good luck to all. Will check back tomorrow.

New User
Bethtastic
0 Kudos

Just tried one last time to download, different msg, says 'unable to process request at this time' and now there is a link that goes to the FAQ's section. Will see what happens tomorrow...
New User
KC19
0 Kudos

B&N corporate office is in Lyndhurst, NJ. They're getting hammered by the storm right now. :smileysad: It looks pretty bad. Hope they all stay safe up there. Who knows when this will be resolved.
New User
KC19
0 Kudos

Lyndhurst, NJ. I just mapped it. The storm is hitting them hard right now.
Reader 4
TalkingAddiction
0 Kudos

Well bummer!  But it does make sense.  Check your online account as mine already said purchased, but not shipped.  Don't try to keep buying...lol

New User
waffle-of-death-99
0 Kudos

after i reset my nook color it gave me this message when i triend to download one of my archived books
Contributor
deejg
0 Kudos

same thing for me.  first thought was the hurricane.  i'm sure it'll be fixed as soon as they can.  

New User
cmsande
0 Kudos

I've been having the same issue.  Been going crazy for the last 2 hours until I stumbled upon this thread.  I'm glad nothing is wrong with my nook but ugh I was ready for my next book in a series I love & I may go crazy.

The somewhat good news is the book I was unable to download on my nook I'm able to pull up on my computer.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 258 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: