Contributor
mschafer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

removing items from library

Just got my Nook HD a week ago and so far I love it, but one thing is bugging me though.  In the library under books it is still showing books that I just opened to check them out with the Nook reader and then I moved them off the Nook for later, but the covers still show in the library.  

These are not books that I got from B&N and the only option I get when long pressing on the covers is "add to home or add to shelf"  is there any way possible to delete these covers that no longer point to a file?

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: removing items from library

This is a known bug that some users have gotten.

There's a problem with the file protocol used in Android 4.0 (which is what HD and HD+ use). I'm assuming you're using those.

Items sideloaded via SD Card are still shown after being deleted.

What version of the software are you on? Make sure you're on the latest version.

Contributor
mschafer
0 Kudos

I am using a Nook HD everything is up to date with software,  guess will have to live the problem, its not that big of a deal.

I would like to use nova launcher in place of thr Nook launcher, but when using Nova Launcher there is no way to have things in the recent activity area, so no way to run more then one app, still working on a solution for that.

Thanks for your reply,

Mark

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Mark, you should post your question at the Nook HD/HD+ forum. People there might have an answer. This is the Tablet forum so only Nook Tablet owners visit this forum.

Link: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-HD-HD-Support/bd-p/NOOKHDSUPPORT

Contributor
mschafer
0 Kudos

Thank you I thought I posted it in the right forum.
Contributor
Mikezz
0 Kudos

This is to alert Nook Tablet owners to a real pitfall involving the removal of apps purchased from the B&N store.

By way of background, I own two tablets,  a Nook Tablet and a Samsung Galaxy android tablet.  I purchased a radio tuner app from the Google store and installed it on the Samsung.  I had issues with it so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it from the Google store.   It works fine now.  This tuner is one of the few apps that  B&N also sells in the app section of its store so I purchased it for my Nook Tablet.  I encountered the same issues with the tuner app that I had on the Samsung so I uninstalled it from my Nook and much to my chagrin I discovered that I can not reinstall it unless I repurchase it. 

Full disclosure:  when I attempted to uninstall the app from the Nook I was cautioned in no uncertain terms not to do so, but to archive it.  Because of my Google experience I ignored the caution thinking it applied to books and not to apps.  I was wrong.   Buy an app from the Google store and  you can uninstall and reinstall it as often as you like; THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH AN APP BOUGHT FROM B&N FOR THE NOOK TABLET. If you uninstall it you have to pay to reinstall it.  Am I right or not?

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook

If you uninstalled the app by selecting DELETE, then yes, it is gone and you must repurchase it. That's why you were warned not to do it.

Contributor
Mikezz
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your confirmation. Could I have done anything differently? It seems I can't replace a corrupted purchased app on my Nook Tablet without buying it again. This is a big minus for owners of older Nooks and explains why the latest Nooks have full android access. I wish B&N success but there are rumors flying that the Nook operation is in trouble. If true it's issues like this that explain why.
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The normal "remove" is done by Archiving the item. This is supposed to remove the files from the Nook but leave it in the B&N records, available for later download.

For a corrupted file: archive, power off (not the normal sleep, but full off to flush memory), wait a day, and then fetch from the archive.

Baron Wulfraed
New User
KariAGS
0 Kudos

I am a Nook HD+ Tablet owner and I'm having the same issue as mschafer. It was purchased brand new in Feb. 2014. Is there any way to resolve this issue? The book covers that I can't remove are adult romance and aren't appropriate for my 2 young children. So if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Kari

Bibliophile
laurieb52

Create a separate profile for your children...
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 218 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: