Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: setting up email help

1) This suggestion from Mellissa19 on another thread might help:

Go to settings, all settings, applications, contacts, and import your contacts. Then they should show up in your email. There is also a co tacts app where you will see your contacts and manage them.

2) I had some people mention they set up their Google account using IMAP instead of POP and that fixed the Calendar and Contacts Part too.

New User
JohnDom87
0 Kudos

Thank you that helped.  For all gmail users, the above is what you need to do. 

New User
deeAZ
0 Kudos

I am trying to set up email to my company email server on my nook tablet ever combination I try ends in set up could not finish unable to open connection to server please help

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

You have to check with your company's IT department and get settings. There might be a specific set of settings that are required. can you take it in and have them set it up for you?

Also, are you trying IMAP format or POP?

Correspondent
Wulfraed

The odds are good that they may not permit access for security reasons. This is why the Blacberry was so favored -- the Blackberry Enterprise Server software uses a high level encryption system when transferring email, and likely ties the encryption to a particular device. Other companies may only allow access through a VPN (which is also encrypted, using a number sequence one has to read off a "token", number changes every ten to fifteen seconds and the token is linked to your account).

Baron Wulfraed
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Good point Wulfraed.

Of the last two companies I worked at - neither had email you could access via stuff like phones. With Android based tablets there are even more security concerns because there's lots of Android malware on Android Tablets and Phones (due to the open nature of the store).

You might have to check if they have some web based secure mail server you can use with the in-built browser or one of the other browsers (Dolphin, Penguin, Maxthon).